Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.

I want to raise the bars about 1-2" because:

I'm just a wee bit too bent over---I want to be a bit more upright on the M1000.

And, raising them an inch or two would help me avoid the dreaded auto-tankding on any (perish the thought) tip over.

Does anyone have a Monster City? How are the bars? Anyone installed them?

They seem to be about the same price as a typical aftermarket pair, so thought I'd ask before springing for one or the other.

Thanks,

Tom

G

·
i have them on an '03 800m. i got them for my back! i am getting older and the longer rides were doing bad things things to the back. anyway, once going left and right they work just fine. i had to raise the rear to allow for the weight shift to the rear. i also needed a longer fast idle cable. the stocker worked but would increase revs if the bars were turned to the left and it would shut off if turned to the right. i would recommend them if you plan on doing alot of longer trips(400-500 miles).cheers.
mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Howdy.

I want to raise the bars about 1-2" because:

I'm just a wee bit too bent over---I want to be a bit more upright on the M1000.

And, raising them an inch or two would help me avoid the dreaded auto-tankding on any (perish the thought) tip over.

Does anyone have a Monster City? How are the bars? Anyone installed them?

They seem to be about the same price as a typical aftermarket pair, so thought I'd ask before springing for one or the other.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have a brand new set of City bars for sale. They were a little too tall for me. The bars will fit with some cable re-routing. Let me know if you're interested.

Allen (aka scoobie-doobie)..

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Did you search previous postings for this topic? A former DML member and Monster owner, Heath, about a year ago installed City Bars on his 620, and he submitted several postings including some with pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts