Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to track down why my temp guage is showing "lo" no matter what. Also is the sensor, the one on the right hand side that goes where the oil screen resides>

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am trying to track down why my temp guage is showing "lo" no matter what. Also is the sensor, the one on the right hand side that goes where the oil screen resides>
The "lo" should only remain until the temp gets to 120. Yes, that small gold/brass colored thing in the middle of the silver cover is the "thermistor", which looks like a bolt if you were to remove it from the cover. Inside the hollow thermistor are some loose parts that send the impulses as the heat rises. I do not recommend attempting to remove it from the cover, unless you plan on replacing it. Mine twisted and tore/snapped into 2 pieces because whoever put it on secured it with high strength thread-lock, I also stripped my oil screen cover trying to free it from the thread-lock hold. I ended up having to replace both.

I don't know what's causing your issue, but if your gauge is showing lo, then it has a connection to the thermistor. If there was a break somewhere between the gauge and the thermistor, your gauge would show some dashes like "---". You can unplug the connector and to see for yourself.

If I was to guess and troubleshoot, I'd probably check that the cable is fastened properly to the top of the thermistor. Maybe thermistors can become faulty. I don't know anything about the gauge end and what translates the impulses into a reading, but that's something to look into.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts