Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new carbon fiber high mount fast by ferracci exhaust for my 2001 monster 900. I don't want to take it to the dealer to install if it isn't necessary-does this need tuning once installed? There were no instructions and its a bit cold to be testing it out.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
They say if your bike is fuel injected and has the ECU chip, then all you have to do is put them on. If there are no other mods to your bike , the chip can adjust if it needs to, minimally. But to get PEAK performance , one should add an air box kit and a power commander.

G

·
I'm running everything stock except for the forza slip-ons and she runs a little lean which is good for performance... but any future mods I would be concerened with burning a valve from running too lean.. That is just an observation on my 750.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,
I have the sils high mounts from Ferracci. It wasn't hard to figure out. The only problem I have is that the lower mount doesn't exactly line up to the lower mounting bracket that the old pipes were fitted to. It doesn't really make a difference though. The right pipe was a bit tough to get into the head, but I did get it. Be carefull with the actual can mounts. Getting the bracket onto the frame is a bit of a pain, I scratched the paint a bit which I wasn't happy with.

Good luck...it's not hard.
chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts