Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know there aren't too terribly many people I know on this forum yet, but does anyone have a good trailer for hauling a motorcycle I could use? My bike just had its 6k service finished at Silverback. I wanted to have a penske installed in the rear at the time of my height adjustment but my roller rockers and cam's had to be replaced, so it ended up being WAY more than I wanted to spend without having even gotten to the point of upgrading. Kind of a buzz kill. :(

Anyways, Silberback called and notified me it's ready for pickup, and I know they didnt have much room the last time I was there so I figure I better get it out of there. I'd be willing to pay, I would just rather give my money to a local MADDOG'er than UHAUL. Besides, I figure if any of you guys have a trailer to haul your bike on, you probably have straps and anything else necessary to tie it down with.

I would only need it for a couple of hours...anyone??

Maybe I'll just suck it up and ride it back Saturday ;D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
There's a local guy who moves bikes around as a side job. His name is Marty, and I've hired him to move my bike around in the cold, crappy weather. He has a van and tows an enclosed trailer, and I think he'll pickup+deliver just about anywhere around the metro.

Last time I hired him, he charged me ~$65, and he did all of the work (pickup at Silverback, tie-downs in the trailer, and rolled the bike into my garage). He even called Silverback to coordinate the date/time with Fred (they know each other pretty well).

His cell number is 763 208 8882. I keep it in my mobile phone's directory, in case I'm stranded and need a local MC "towing" service.

Good luck!

Pete

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Marty is very competent and has been well known in the local motorcycle scene for a long time. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
Marty is very competent and has been well known in the local motorcycle scene for a long time. [thumbsup]
Yep -- nice guy. Knowing that he's available to hire when I need him, I just can't justify buying my own MC trailer... [laugh]

[yet]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts