Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a picture of an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder in situ.

I read that it is possible to get a lighter feel to the clutch lever by doing this. What brands are recommended and how hard are they to install?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
ducman851 said:
Ive Yoyodynes on my Ducs.
Hey ducman, there is a squirrel in your avatar :mad: I'm with ducman, the yoyo is quite well made, though mine didn't get on the bike yet. If your bike is an '01 or newer the difference will not be as noticeable as on the older bikes. Installation is 3 screws, the banjo bolt and bleed.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I'm very pleased with Yoyodyne. They're an awesome manufacturer and I haven't had any problems with their products. Also, as a dealer, I get the best support in the industry, which means I can give the best support to my customers.

Pics in situ:
I made this image to help explain the difference between 1 phase and 3 phase engines:

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
howie said:
Hey ducman, there is a squirrel in your avatar :mad: I'm with ducman, the yoyo is quite well made, though mine didn't get on the bike yet. If your bike is an '01 or newer the difference will not be as noticeable as on the older bikes. Installation is 3 screws, the banjo bolt and bleed.
Actually there's two [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for pix and info.

Assure me they make a difference to the clutch lever pull and are worth fitting (or I might try pulling a spring or two from the clutch).

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The squirrel on the bottom has gone flat and the other one is pumping it up... :-*

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Shooter said:
Thanx for pix and info.

Assure me they make a difference to the clutch lever pull and are worth fitting (or I might try pulling a spring or two from the clutch).
I've had a Yoyodyne on my '02 S4 for nearly 3 1/2 years and 26k miles, no problems whatsoever, and it definitely made the clutch pull easier. ;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Any idea on the bore of these cylinders? I'm looking at replacing my 18X19 clutch master cylinder with a 16x18. The specs for the 16x18 say that they work with slave cylinders in the 25-28mm range. I've seen that STM makes a 28mm version, and a 30mm (I think) but that was on some site from a shop in Germany. Sorry for the tangent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Shooter, I recall you have an S4 2001, same as mine. I recently replaced the slave with a MPL one (e-bay at a very good price if you are prepared to try a few times). Took 30 minutes to install (including bleeding the hydraulics) and went on perfectly. No leaks so far. It has made the clutch pull a hell of a lot lighter, and it took a while to get used to - but after a long ride last weekend with lots of twisties and gear changes - my left arm felt as good as new. I also installed some stainless steel springs as the originals were starting to rust (from Speedymoto) and a new pressure plate (MPL as well), but they didn't affect the clutch pull at all - didn't really expect them to.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx Dave. My S4 is 2002 which I think is slightly different. The Yoyodyne site indicated a change in parts between 01 and 02 and the photo in this thread also indicates that there is a difference .

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i have the evoluzione slave on a 2002 S4. makes a difference. they claim 20%, which seems about right to me. maybe even a bit more??? i've put them on each of my ducs as soon as i got them, because riding without them in traffic results in forearm pump previously reserved only for the victoria's secret x-mas catalog... :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts