Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
anyone heading out this weekend? Sat or Sun is up for grabs. For North County folks we could do Hwy 371 to 74 which will end in Palm Desert then reverse or continue to Idyllwild or 371 to Hemet then reverse or any combination thereof. Great rides. Twisty and fast. Good tarmac and few LEO as far as I remember. ( I did get a ticket on this road but that's beside the point. This is about 40 miles of slab for San Diego folks before we get to the fun stuff so I am willing to compromise. Let me know.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I am going riding Sun. but I may go to biketoberwest at the sports arena with some of my cruiser friends. The guy who flaked on us last sunday (said it was rainy in P.B.) wants to ride but doesnt want to go to Sports Arena with the Harley types. Ill let ya know tomarrow what my plan is.

·
Registered
796 Posts
O.K. we are going to Biketoberwest this afternoon and then riding tomarrow. My friend is riding my FZ and then the guy with the R1 who didnt show up last Sun. is supposed to be coming as well. We will be starting in poway around 9-10 I would guess.
Bill
P.S. Im gonna try to stay out of the sand this time :p

·
Registered
796 Posts
Dont have one, just want twisties with low traffic. Both of my friends are slower than me and the guy who is riding my FZ had better take it easy. What are you thinkin?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Im off to go to Biketoberwest. Ill post our planned meeting spot and time when I get home tonight. I think we will just plan the route the day of unless you have some good roads to show us Patrick?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
the road to palm desert is awesome! It's fast enough to entertain but slow enough to inspire confidence. Like I said it's a good amount of slab before you guys get to the good stuff but I think it's worth it.I am ok w/ Palomar if that's what we do but I'd like to try something newish.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Excuse me, may I crash your party?

I'm headed out from SD tomorrow with a buddy about 9:00. DTM, if you want to head out with us we're leaving from the Starbucks at Stonecrest Plaza, 15 and Aero Drive. Patrick, if you want to come to Palomar and meet us we could finally trade bikes and you could test the S4. I'm thinking about making it a banzai day and doing the desert ride too. I got new cycle cat bars so the wrists should be comfy-comfy.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Patrick, have you been down by the 94 and Lyons Valley? There are some great roads down there that we could hook up with banner grade and Sunrise Hwy.
We are all meeting at the starbucks in the Target shopping center Poway at 9:00 a.m. It is on the corner of Pomerado and Camino Del Norte. Coming from Fallbrook you could either get off on Pomerado and then go down about 3-4mi to camino del norte and the Target or get off on Camino del norte and go straight east about 3mi. to the Target. The Starbucks in right in the center of the Plaza. From this location we could head straight out to Julian or down through Wildcat canyon to Harbison and Lyons valley.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Bill, are you planning on heading to Palomar at some point and if so what time. I can't pass up a chance to ride Chads bike so I might meet him and his crew. Aero drive is a short jump for you and I can guarantee Chad will show us some fine roads. If you want I can meet you and your crew at Poway road and the 15 around 8:45 then we can head down to meet the other guys. Let me know ( change of plans, I am going to be on top of Palomar around 10:30. From there we will do the desert run. Still agreat ride Bill and will be fun for your friends as well. )

·
Registered
796 Posts
Where is the other group meeting? Is there a post for that ride? Maybe we will try to hook up somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Chad and the others are meeting at the Starbucks off of Aero drive and the 15 at 9:00. I am going to be a bum and sleep in a bit and meet them on Palomar @ 10:30.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
You guys have fun, Im indisposed for the next several weekends. :(

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well, I have a feeling that Chads group will ride much faster than mine but we could meet up on Palomar. What is their ride plan after Pmar?

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
You will be sorely missed John. I think we are going to do Banner Grade out to the desert then back to Julian. We all ride within our abilities Bill and you know that I'm not that fast. Your friends will be welcome.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Cool, well I think we will head right out from Poway up through Couser like you and I did the other day, and up to Pmar. I would guess we should be there right around 10:30

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'll see you cats on the hill at 10:30 then. From there we'll do the desert ride.

DTM, I am meeting at the Starbucks at Stonecrest Plaza, Hwy 15 and Aero Drive. We'll leave there at about 9:00. The route's usually 15 N to Highland Vly Rd, Old Julian, Santa Ysabel, Mesa Grande, and then Palomar.

·
Registered
796 Posts
We had a good ride. It was nice meeting you Chad and good to see you Patrick even if for just a minute. I had a very diverse group with me and we had to go very easy but still had some fun. Here are a couple of pics,
http://dtmsurf.myshots.net/rides?page=1

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Some good shots of everyone on Palomarpics. Good shot of Bill coming up and Chad and I when we traded bikes. Funky shot of Ride On going down/up? I look like a tool in my shots so I'll pass on buying this time. Great day today guys. Spring is here!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I have never seen that site before. I wish I could have seen myself from the inside of the turn. Its strange to see myself riding. Good for working on technique.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts