Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i m about to purchase a Scorpio Alarm system for my S4RS.

Has any member here had any experience with this system.
Any info on this would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Mine is mounted under my seat, breather box was already long gone. [thumbsup]

You can try there or your air box. 2001cromo might pipe in, he installed my scorpio. ;)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Make a search on the site and you will find other opinions and reviews.

I bought mine and really like it. I bough the full version and it works great within 0.5mi. I installed it under my tank.

One of the best alarms out there IMO [thumbsup] but as many will tell you, nothing beats a garage [cheeky]

·
Registered
737 Posts
i have had mine on the bike since new (june 2006) and with 10 000Km. no problems.

just keep a box of AAA batteries handy, they run out quickly. Scorpio also has an optional remote that's a little better than the basic one.

·
Registered
760 Posts
//piping in

Overall, it's a good system.

There's a comparable system made by Gorilla that's got all the same features but costs a little less. And the horn/siren might be a little bit louder. I have no FHE with the install and have only heard the alarm messing with a friends bike. But they're all loud when you're right in front of the bike....

As far as the scorpio goes.

It's a good alarm. In my experience, if I can't see the bike (line of site) the alarm's not talking to the keyfob. The range ain't the greatest. I guess that's purely your milage may vary....

It certainly worth the money to me just for some piece of mind.

If you're putting it on yourself PM me and I'll give you a few suggestions.

They make 2 different types of keyfobs for the 500 series model. One is charcoal colored and uses 1 AAA battery, while the other keyfob is silver and uses a rechargeable battery. The newer silver keyfob will not work on any 500 system produced before the spring of 2006. Just a heads up.

It's a good system overall. My only gripe (a small one) is that the range of the keyfob isn't that far. Otherwise no complaints.

Good luck

//piping out

·
Registered
737 Posts
FWIW, the range of my remote dosn't require line of sight. my bike is in the garage on the street level and i can have full control and 2-way comm while on the second floor in a building with a concrete structure. the waves travel out of the windows and reach the bike three floors under me through the garage door and i don't even have to be close to the outside wall. it works very well even 17 feet away from the wall.

it also works well from a restaurant on either street level or first floor.

it's a really good system.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ive had mine for 3 years now on two different bikes.On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 8.

Range could be better,but if obstructions are few pretty good range.

get the perimeter sensor too.

Oh and easy install,mine under seat of S2R.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi thanks for the overwhelming response.
i have other questions:

is the system very sensative type?
Does it trigger off easily when leaves fall on it? or cat jump on it? or when someone accidentally nudge into it?

I covered my bike most of the time, when the wind blows, will the flapping of the cover send the alarm off.

Will it get trigger off when a loud bike starts next to it? Or when the lightning strike?

As much as i want a alarm, i dont want to be the guy with that irritating alarm that keeps going off either.

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
you also don't have to turn on the perimeter sensor either, it's an option. You can alarm the bike without it, so that it will be set off if the bike moves, I usually leave it on this setting. In those cases where you don't want someone walking up and touching your bike (great for keeping traffic agents away [laugh]) than alarm the perimeter sensor with the remote.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got it install last evening.
I m very impressed with the whole system. At how quick it is to be install.

the range could be better but you cant complain that much for such a excellent product.

Now i cant help it but keep looking at the remote every now and then... Its like my 2nd mini mobile phone!

I got the new model with rechargable battery remote. going for basic package first. dont think i'll need the perimeter alarm yet.

Thanks for all the info chaps. You guys have been very helpfull.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts