Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its getting colder outside, but I'm going keep riding as long as the ground isn't frozen. However, I could use some extra comfort. That said, I was wondering about fitting handguards to my handlebars. Anyone do that? Any suggestions as to where I should look to purchase?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I can't think of who it is on here but at least one guy has.

I just saw pics of that bike the other day!!

Dammitt!! Someone help me out here!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
IZ said:

People have used Buell handguards, but, I would move this to Accessories and Mods to get a better response...

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have Moose Racing handguard frames and UFO ATV deflectors for my Monster....1st...what type of Monster do you have?...meaning...what type of bars are on it and risers or not and what type of master and clutch cylinders???

·
Registered
338 Posts
I put Renthal ATV LO bars and Acerbis bark busters on my Multi. I mounted the signals inside to clean it up a little. I think the triples are the same on the Monster. They work great, but i didn't get them for the cold, I got them to protect my hands from the cagers while lane splitting ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Jedi Knight said:
did you see the handle?

I mean, yeah, I obviously have some speaking.

I was involved in this movie.
Yeah, saw the handle--that's awesome, I bet if you started a star wars fan thread you'd have some fellow fans in the crowd. That's awesome you worked on the movie!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Jedi Knight said:
I was involved in this movie.
That could mean a lot of things. You being coy with us? ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
l bought some snowmobile handlebar mits. These are lined with fake fur inside,they`re black,waterproof and removable. l got turned onto these when l was a courier/dispatch rider and they were a miracle lifesaver for me,all for less then $20.00 !!! l bought mine off of Ebay and l`m very happy with them. They aren`t as cool looking as plastic handguards perhap but they work so well you don`t need gloves under them to stay comfortable in most weather. l don`t recommend this but for a courier it`s great to wear bicycle gloves only and still be warm. had to mod one of them slightly to allow my radar mount to adapt and you may need to do something for your mirrors but for $20.00? big deal. good luck with it,l plan to ride all winter also. :)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I'm so glad that this thread wasn't in the NMC section with all the Star Wars references.

BTW..Hoth was an ice planet year around. Why would one have to adapt the speeders to the cold?? Couldn't a snowspeeder or a TaunTaun be used?

[cheeky]

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Jedi Knight said:
I suggest watching the Empire Strikes Back.

At the beginning. When Luke is out, Han wants to find him. However, they were having trouble adapting the speeders to the cold........
So ha!
[cheeky] [cheeky] [cheeky]
Oh sh*t..that's right!! I stand corrected..MASTER JEDI!
[laugh]

A TRUE Geek!

·
Registered
541 Posts
made this for a thread a while back.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Paper5tr3et7 said:
made this for a thread a while back.

yeah but where are the handguards on it , tree splitting can really hurt the old fingers as well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'll get to work on it when I get back into the country.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm with Raceman - if you want real protection muffs are the way. Couriers always use them - I use them in the winter and although they may not look cool I've ridden with vented summer gloves when it was cold enough to have to scrape ice off my mirrors and got home with warm hands. Rigid guards look cool but don't give much thermal protection.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
IZ said:

His DML name is Bilbo. He rides a silver/black S2R 1000 here in Phoenix. I can't remember the brand of guards he has, but they look pretty nice. I think they use the mirror mounting holes to bolt up. Send him a PM. I'm sure he'd be glad to help out. He's a pretty nice character.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts