Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Any of you hooligans have your beast worked on at dee's repair? They are located at 1212 Underwood Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94124
415-822-1203.

According to the web site

http://www.geocities.com/deesrepair/

they have seemingly excellent prices on their services (flat rate fees).

TIA,

Uncle_Duck

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
She has put up an advertisement on every motorcycle web site that I regularly visit. It's interesting that the first ad here offered a lower price on a 6000 mile service than the price listed in later ads. She's trying to get her business going, and this is probably the worst time of year for that.

I would probably take my bike there except that Nichols Mfg is closer and has a much more experienced mechanic (plus the best reputation in the business).

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do they charge for the 12,000 mile service?

Thanks,

Uncle_Duck

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
What do they charge for the 12,000 mile service?
Which one, Nichols, or Dee's Repair?

You should be able to have a 12,000 mile service done at Nichols for less than $600 if you don't need anything extra done.

G

·
FWIW, Dee does house calls for my wife's H***a Hawk GT, including a major tune (less than $200) and regular oil changes. My wife swears by her. You catch watch her do the work and you can choose what parts (spark plugs, filters, oil, etc.) you want. She's very thorough and is AMI certified.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. Thanks for the input all; both on Nichols and Dee's...

Cheers,

Uncle_Duck

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I had her change my front tire. While there she also replaced the brake pad. It's a low key shop, very cheap and I think that for much of the regular maintenance, if you don't do it yourself, Dee's a good choice and the prices can't be beat. Mine was a simple job, but I saw she was also working on an engine that needed headwork. Overall a positive experience.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
first of all hi, just joined
second had my 12k service done at dee's as well as r/r my cylinder studs since one broke. it's only been a few hundred miles since but so far so good, great price. I think both the service and cyl bolts was 600 and some-odd which was fantastic. so, so far, I would recommend her, plus she's very nice to boot.
as a bonus it is in a... special... part of town that I had never been through before. little different than walnut creek for sure.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... it is in a... special... part of town that I had never been through before. little different than walnut creek for sure.
"special"? Don't know SF that well but I know that there are definitely some, shall we say, interesting, areas... Do I need a bodyguard? ;)

I think I will bring my 800 to her for the 12k seeing as the feedback is positive from everyone that replied.

Thanks!

Uncle_Duck
2003 M800Sie -- 9700 Miles ;D

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
If you've never been to Hunter's Point then you might be in for an interesting visit then. Still well worth it from my experience, hell, she even drove me to BART after I dropped the bike off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts