Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Suh-weeeeeeeeeeet... Too bad they cost as much as a new set of Termi slip ons... ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know right. Damn I looked at an ASSLOAD of jackets on that kneedraggers site..and none looked anywhere as cool.

I don't see why..as long as you are going to color and stitch leather into a jacket shape..you dont do it in the COOLEST looking way possible!

:-D

M

·
0 Posts
Why is it that we ALWAYS have to pay for good design... like why can't FirstGear or AGV design a jacket with clean lines like that and sell it for... oh... only $250.

It's like how the nicest looking AStars Jacket is also one of the most expensive of their line (P1 @ $500)... Do marketing people just look at a product and be like "Oh, that looks damn nice, so we'll attach an insane price tag to it" ???

[End of Rant]

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep a lookout. I should do an e-bay search for a number of things each and every single day..but I don't.

Grrr.

And I agree with you miomostro, why not...why not...BASTARDS!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's one on e-bay as well..not in the color I want. I don't know I'm going through a crisis right now. My bike doesn't look like I want it to. I hate my helmet and my jacket.

GRRR.....and I sound like a damn WOMAN!

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just got this Jacket!!! It was on clearance at the local cycle gear store.... $449.00 instead of $599.00 and then had a coupon for 10% off clearence items!!! $405.00 plus tax for a $600 jacket!!! Oh and it's awsome!

I just saw this while poking around on Kneedraggers.com and I can't stop thinking about it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also considered that jacket when I was shopping a couple months ago. I ended up going for a Vanson because I got an incredible deal.

But that Shard is beautiful. I tried one on at Beverly Hills Ducati and the fit was incredible. And I really like that it came with a zip-out, cold-weather liner.

The version I tried on is actually called the Shard "estiva" I think. It was perfed on the chest and the insides of the arms. I wasn't sure it would be cool enough for LA summer riding, but it probably would have been. In any case, if I ever convince myself that I need another jacket, that Dainese Shard Estiva will be the one. It comes in black and silver, too, which would be perfect for my bike setup.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yea, mine has the perferations... and the other night on a pretty chilly evening, it was actually pretty cool with the liner in... should be pretty good without liner up to about 85 or 90 i suspect, as long as you don't get caught in traffic.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, great price. I can see that the design might not be for everyone, so I was hoping they would go on special. Did they tell you why it was on sale like that?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Eric,
I just got a mailer from Cycle Gear and it showed various Dianese jackets on sale. I believe the one you are looking for is on sale there. There are a few shops in the L.A. area. I know of Lomita, Fullerton, and Valencia.
Kevin

S

·
0 Posts
If you want me to I can check at the Cycle Gear near me and save you a ride Eric. Let me know.

BTW hows the bike coming along?? back together yet??

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well..perhaps if I hadn't F'd up my bike I could get that jacket. :-D

Bike is DEAD bro..battery died. I've been out of town a lot so it's been sitting there. Has RUST on the rotors even..BLEG! I got the part I need to get it back up and running, so I'll install that this weekend.

·
Registered
287 Posts
One word... Battery Tender!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts