Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

im thinking about getting the racing cams and lightened flywheel when i get my 1100s serviced in Jan.

has anyone had these mods done to there 09 1100? i absolutely luv the grunt that i have low down with just the termi's and ecu/ airfilter and i dont want to sacrifice any torque for a better top end (my license cant afford more top end!).

also if i get the cams on do i really need the free flow pipes? i dont like the look of the pipe going under the engine i prefer it snaking through the frame as it does in stock form.

any info would help out, im pretty much sold on the flywheel just questioning the cams and what they can bring to the party.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've ridden an 1100s with Termi pipes, ecu, cams, and flywheel. It is the dealer bike that I demo'd. (I am having my Termi's/ecu put on tomorrow , also 14t front). This bike was pretty hot. It had serious torque and could wheelie with a thought. I don't know how much difference that the cams made though. I did not get over 80mph and I think most of the torque and acceleration came from the Termi/ecu addition. I look at the Monster as my under 90 mph bike as at that point the wind is less than enjoyable. I have a 848 for the track. But, I would venture to say that the Monster is the most fun. BTW, if you are interested in some new handlebars that mimick a clip-on position, just higher, let me know. I had a guy fabricate me a pair, they are awesome.

Brian

·
Registered
197 Posts
for what it's worth, i've just had the DP lightened timing belt rollers fitted, and i could tell the difference immediately. wants to spin up much quicker IMO.

as for other engine mods, i want to upgrade the brakes and rear suspension before sinking any serious $$$ into the engine. i kind of want it to be the last thing i do to the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts