Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined a few days ago looking for others in CT always up for a ride...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in CT, woodbury area. My friend has a buell lightning and were both normally down to cruise. The united ride is a lot of fun, look it up and come this septemeber. I just joined the forum myself so it's cool to see other people from CT.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice job on that S2R, very clean. Did you black out the headlight yourself?
No the headlight ring was powder coated by the PO.

This is my list of changes since I got it this winter. Exhaust chop is next.

Adjusted bars, controls and suspension
Shifter was slightly bent, fixed that and got new rubber piece
Put the wind screen on with ST shield, new hardware and braces
Photos taken of the tank by dealer (waiting for new tank now)
Cleaned up the airbox cover hole
Valves and belts done. The valves were out of spec by a little.
Full service (oil, filter, screen etc, etc)
Replaced battery just in case
Chain adjusted
New rear pads (new rotor at some point they are hard to find used and not easy to replace)
New tail chop kit
Rear signals added and wiring cleaned up
Stocks signals put back on the front because of the stock screen
Touched up tiny frame scratches with color match paint
Added matching rear cowl

Next up is to really setting up the suspension for my weight then I would like to work on the fueling.

But most important is lot of miles this summer. I hope to see some of you on the road in CT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's so fun modding these bikes, the possibilities are endless. How much do you plan to take off the cans? I cut mine over the winter and am very happy with the end result. It was a lot of fun too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks. 3-4" will be good and it will clean up the rear just enough. When I was researching I found pics of each measurement and went with 5". I even found one where guy cut all but 5" or 6"! Shoot me a pm if you have any Qs! Stay safe out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cool, I was just over that way. I didn't know anyone from this side of the state that had been to the eastern side of the state. HA

So I did a quick 250 mile loop to ride up 169 and visit the vanilla bean in Pomfret. It was a lot of highway to visit a place that looks like the non urban areas near my house:) But I always like to visit new places so it was a good morning of riding.

Let me know next time you venture into the nutmeg state I will ether find a way to catch up with you guys or point you to some good roads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts