Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else addicted to buying new helmets?
How many do you own?

:p
I keep seeing different ones I want to get!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am. Unfortunately I don't have the money to support my habit, there are so many I want. I have three now. One (AGV R7 circa 1997) is pretty old and I don't wear it, the next (Arai Quantum e circa 1999) I wear it at trackdays (it matches my 1-piece suit which matches my bike [cheeky]) and my everyday helmet (Arai RX-7 Corsair Shinya Nakano replica).

If I could afford I would get:

Arai RX-7RR Nicky Hayden Laguna replica
Arai RX-7RR Colin Edwards Laguna replica (in wht/red)
various Soumi

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Have:
HJC-14 (on permanent loan): gloss black
Shoei Syncrotec: monza red
Shoei RF-1000: matte black
Scorpion EX700: raider red
Jarow (Caberg) Justissimo: gloss black

The RF-1000 is the best by far.

Want:
Caberg Brutus
one of the Craft helmets TBD

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
If I had stupid money I'd get one of those Dainese bluetooth helmets. Just so I could call people and mystify them. [laugh] [laugh]

I had to replace a one month old Shoei X-11 after I crashed in it. Bought the same one to replace it, and it really smarted to do that. So I am a helmet cheapskate.

But now if you want to talk about boots... [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael Moore said:
If I had stupid money I'd get one of those Dainese bluetooth helmets. Just so I could call people and mystify them. [laugh] [laugh]
Ditto.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They're kind of like adult baseball trading cards. If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd love to get a bunch of replicas and find somewhere to display them - some are works of art in their own way. To her defense, she did buy me a Rossi Replica as a holiday present last year.

Wouldn't it be cool to have replicas for each of this year's top 10 MotoGP. Of course, given unlimited funds it would be even cooler to collect the actual bikes.

I went to a party at Wilzig Castle (Southampton) a few years ago and wandered into the garage. Sir Ivan has quite a collection of Ducs (classics, new, track, street) 20 - 25 of them and if I my memory serves me correctly, a few MVs - luckily I wasn't driving that night and could drown my jealousy in a bottle of tequila.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BrutaleS said:
I have four, but a guy I know in SoCal has over 30, and has built shelves in his spare bedroom just for all his helmets! :eek: He told me that he pick whichever on is dustiest to use that day.
That is pretty hardcore!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts