Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Could be....

I am actually picking up my ride around mid afternoon (S2R/800) from Rockwells up in Fort Montgomery.

She is getting a Termi full kit - hi mount, new injector control, air box work -

I will be in Bear Mt area around 3'ish - just to ride her home

Going out again Sunday around noon with some local folks (Harleys....)

Mark

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will probably riding tomorrow with 1-2 other guys, Guzzi and Honda, Im in williamsburg, BK...not sure where we are headed

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Keep me informed when you get a better idea on where you're going. I'm in north NJ.,(hoboken). I don't have any routes in particular, it was more of a last minute decision since I want to take advange of any days that aren't too cold.

·
Registered
145 Posts
mjlandy said:
... (S2R/800) from Rockwells up in Fort Montgomery.

She is getting a Termi full kit - hi mount, new injector control, air box work ...
hey Mark,

i got almost same setup on my 05 S2R800..-- Spark header.
i'd be curious to compare the performance/sound..
if i don't join in this weekend, let me know when you riding around NYC.

le

·
Registered
218 Posts
le_katZ said:
hey Mark,

i got almost same setup on my 05 S2R800..-- Spark header.
i'd be curious to compare the performance/sound..
if i don't join in this weekend, let me know when you riding around NYC.

le
Sure - They just finished - but I cannot get up there tonight.

Apparently its quite loud, but its the extra responsiveness I am hoping for.

They said it would not pop or burp on decel. How is your setup ?

Mark

·
Registered
145 Posts
mjlandy said:
Apparently its quite loud, but its the extra responsiveness I am hoping for.

They said it would not pop or burp on decel. How is your setup ?

Mark

"yes" on all counts..

it is louder and more responsive..
so far topped out @ 145mph.. some say my speedo aint right, but stock S2R next to me was out @ 135 and i was still in 5th gear..who knows..
now that i changed my gearing, i imagine the top end will calm down a bit. If you haven't tried the 14T, i recommend it - much perkier.. i'll probably even throw 43T on rear..
anyway, if i get up in decent hour ..i may join you for a twist round the Bear mount.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Turns out I have to get up there and right back pretty quick - so I am going to blast through Harriman. I would expect to be heading past Tiorati around 2'ish - but its not a certain time as yet.

Sunday I will be out and about though around noon, that's more planned right now.

I have the 14T done, highly recommend it. Its more of a quality of ride thing. I used to just keep the clutch 90% engaged around parking lot speeds - now I can let it out full in 1st. Also 6th gear is actually usable now....

Also recommend a steering damper - takes some of the instability over bumps out.

Hey - I used to live in Hoboken (way back). 5th and Garden by the park.

Right up the road from Arthurs and a nice little dive called Tom and Jerry's (is that still there ?)

Mark

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the 14T done as well, it's great. It def. makes things a lot easier in slower traffic and parking lots. I've been thinking about the damper, I've got a set of clip ons, and so far never had an issue with head shake. (knock on wood).

Yeh, I believe that bar is still there. I may be down for riding tomorrow, but it depends on how late in going to be out tonight >:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Maybe next week then - I still have a Port Jervis ride on my GPS I never got to because of rain and wind.....

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.