Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this hasn't been gone into before... I did a seach on it and didn't find anything.

Was wondering because it gets so hot and humid here in the summer months that leathers and even textile over pants get sooooooooo hot.

Anyone?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
How about some Mesh Tex ...>

with just shorts underneath?
I just got a pair of Draggin Jeans last weekend. I'm sure there will be some times I just don't want to change when I get where I'm going.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Head over to http://www.sportbikes.net and do a search...plenty of opinions and I'm sure a few crash test experiences.

gnew

R

·
0 Posts
I haven't crashed them yet, thank G'd, but besides being an owner of the Draggin jeans, I also coughed out some serious dough for the chino pants from Draggin of Australia, just so I don't have to change when I'm at work.
They look just like regulars and accepatable at work.
Methinks since regular pants won't give any protection, Draggin's might give some protection and that is as long as you're riding in the city at scooter speeds.

Ride safe (as they warned me everytime I exchanged e-mails with them).

M

·
0 Posts
Own em but never fell in em. I bet they won't tear, but will neveretheless dish out a nice fabric burn.

Oh and beware: The black/charcoal jeans from Draggin AUS fade pretty quickly. The indigo ones keep well though.

M

·
0 Posts
Mine came with CE armor that you wear under the jeans... maybe since they from the store in AUS?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I just got my Draggins and got the CE armor, too. It's pretty comfy, too. Easy in/out, like the woman at the party who dances by herself way too early in the evening and drinks straight whiskey...

M

·
0 Posts
they hold up better than regular jeans... much sturdier seams and stitching. i crash tested a pair with the knee armor but also had some chaps over 'em. no road rash but still tore my mcl and pcl when the bike hit me... guess it could have been worse.

they are still pretty hot for those warm summer days and the ce armor only makes it sweatier. the ce knee armor isn't comfy enough to wear around the office and is somewhat a pain in the butt to remove/insert (at least for me). i rarely wear mine during summer in floriduh.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
As per the comments already. I have a mate who recently crashed in draggin jeans and whilst they are probably better than regular jeans they still ain't no substitute for leather or other proper riding gear. His pants tore on both the regular denim and also on the kevlar sections. Probably a better bet around town than just jeans.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
No crash experience but wore them last summer. They are hot. The Keprotec protective layer prevents air from passing through.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts