·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn nearly almost bit it on saturday.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
yup, been there done that. a few times on the monster, actually blew a fork seal once. just last week on the ss, i hit a freekin pot hole which broke loose my instrument panel. tried to wheelie over it at the last minute, but was unsuccessful.

M

·
0 Posts
I id the same thing two weeks ago. The bike was fine but it shock me up a little. :eek:

It reminded me very quickly not to follow a car to closely leaving a stoplight.

A week later they fixed the hole. They are starting to fix up some very beat up roads after a very snowy winter.

Tom.

·
Registered
555 Posts
check your wheels
the fronts are prone to bending after hitting craters.
elevate the wheels and spin them to check for bends . there are places that can straighten if they are bent....or you could buy those nice mag wheels we all want.
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Nope. Never hit bottom. Now that I said that, watch , next weekend I hit the marianas trench in the middle of the road!

Rideon

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Yep, I've done it, even on sharp dips that were not really sharp edged potholes.

Make sure your pre-load is set correctly. I fare much better now with correct setup. Still even with my .9 springs properly setup, I bottomed when I "tested" a particular dip on my commute. It's just before a stop sign; dip + brakes = bottomed forks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts