Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an offer to go there for work.

Not sure about a blonde haired blue eyed guy being over there right now is the best idea. :-\

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
GO!!

I have been researching it for some time. I believe SlowPoke was too?

It's the fastest growing place in the world. I believe the est. was more than 70% of the worlds cranes are there building.

You can make some great money!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
For your current employer?

Same product line?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Red Baron said:

Not sure about a blonde haired blue eyed guy being over there right now is the best idea. :-\

Thoughts?
i think you'll find that people in Dubai are more accepting of the western culture than some of the other places in the middle east.

i say go for it. i would if i got the opportunity.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Four words...Gulf Air Flight Attendants...I was there in 2000-2001 and the city has pretty much doubled since then. It's a very unique cultural mix that you'll find very accommodating. One of the few places you can walk from store to store with literally millions of dollars in gold on display and not feel like you're about to get jacked by some punk. The restaurants are outstanding and attract a lot of international talent. Enjoy the tax free benefits and try not to shack up with all the Eurotrash there on holiday. (quite a few British Ex-pats around).

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
warhummer said:
Four words...Gulf Air Flight Attendants...I was there in 2000-2001 and the city has pretty much doubled since then. It's a very unique cultural mix that you'll find very accommodating. One of the few places you can walk from store to store with literally millions of dollars in gold on display and not feel like you're about to get jacked by some punk. The restaurants are outstanding and attract a lot of international talent. Enjoy the tax free benefits and try not to shack up with all the Eurotrash there on holiday. (quite a few British Ex-pats around).
Thanks for the info! [thumbsup]

Dubai is still in the back of my mind.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Red Baron said:

Thoughts?
i have a blond haired, blue-eyed girly friend that lived over there for 4 years. no problems. dubai isn't iraq. ;D

·
Banned
274 Posts
I didn't get to see too much of it, but it's really clean and modern. From the people I've talked to that saw more it sounds like they were treated pretty well. Very few instances of people yelling F U as they drive by and the like. And there is a TON of international investment and tourism going on there so it's probably not out of the ordinary to see blond haired blue eyed white guys.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Grifo said:
A Swiss girl that I know, who graduated from Notre Dame got a job there. She's blond, green eyes. She's loving it overthere making way more money that she would had in the US.
I was checking on some salaries there and they were doubling what I would make here in that same work environment.

BTW..Grifo..any bikini pics of her on your S4Rs? ;D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
IZ_ said:
I was checking on some salaries there and they were doubling what I would make here in that same work environment.

BTW..Grifo..any bikini pics of her on your S4Rs? ;D
No she is a friend of my ex (ML).
But I have some nice ones of "Lizard" in 4 different bikinis on my bike In the HH board.

C

·
0 Posts
Dubai= 2x whatever you're getting paid right now, more if you're an engineer. A little bit of research will tell you that they have huuuuge efforts to bring in international investments, which means that no matter how blond you are, the Finnish and Swedish guys are blonder. And it really doesn't matter. The only prob with those countries is the whole no alcohol thing, but I'm not sure how that works in Dubai, might be the exception. Plus, you get to ski and snowboard whenever you want, and some of those middle eastern girls are pretty good looking without the wraps, I should know, I'm dating a Lebanese girl right now...

I would say go for it while you're still relatively young and can afford to pick up your nuts and move to another country. You don't wanna be regretting not going further down the line when you're stuck in corporate hell and your life resembles the movie american beauty.

just my 2c

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Chipo said:
You don't wanna be regretting not going further down the line when you're stuck in corporate hell and your life resembles the movie american beauty.
Are you referring to his morning routine? I love that movie!

And yes..some of those women are pretty hot!!

C

·
0 Posts
IZ_ said:
Are you referring to his morning routine? I love that movie!

And yes..some of those women are pretty hot!!
jajaja, yes, that movie is one of my favorites. I was referring as to how pretty much his life is just so f***ing ordinary and repetitive... I would hate to get like that some day.

People love to play it safe but are always complaining about how their lives are so boring. If you're not tied down with wife or kids, your life should be an adventure, so you can live your life to the fullest and not wonder 'what if' 10 years into the marriage and cheat on your wife or do something stupid like that.

Another great movie said that: you can't lose what you don't put in the middle, but you can't win much if you don't.

cheers,

chipo

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Chipo said:
You don't wanna be regretting not going further down the line when you're stuck in corporate hell and your life resembles the movie american beauty.
Man that is a scary thought.. don't know if I could keep on living in a situation like that..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Was in Dubai in 1984 Very Cool. [thumbsup]
Was in Iran 1984 not cool.
If you can go............
GO!
Stay out of Iran they don't like westerners............ask me how I know!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts