Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, what did you use and do you have any pics? Seems like I don't often see anyone do anything with fronts, just the rears.

Miles

G

·
there's a bunch of aftermarket options that bolt onto the same mounting points as the stockers. personally, i went with kellerman bar-end signals and think they're a great buy despite their high price. by moving the signals out to the extremities of the bars, there's no risk of the flashers getting "lost" in your headlight's glare at night, and they double as vibration dampers.
only "drawback" is that if you use bar-end mirrors, you'll have to find a different mounting point for them than the actual bar-tube ends. i've got CRG's and rather than using the adaptor thingies, i choked my controls inboard about 1/2" to clamp the CRG's directly to the clip-on tube like so:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's about the only replacement I've seen people with. Not sure if I dig the bar end route. I'd like to actually see them.

Strati that red frame is looking sweet, got any more pics?!

Miles

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am not trying to hyjack the thread here but Strati, what have you got going on with the clip ons and the top triple clamp on that bad boy? I have been dying to switch my S4 over to clip ons but have been looking for an under the triple clam mount that seems to work.

G

·
thanks for the comment miles. more pics soon. the bike's actually "done". planning on a shakedown run this week once i get off my arse and install the new slip-ons. i'll post 'em soon.

monsta,
i was hoping and hoping for a while that cyclecat would release a billet top yoke for the s4 but as of yet, no dice. i really wanted to go with clip-ons as i wasn't too happy with the stock ST-style bar risers. first attempt was to install 996 clip-on on top of the yoke using a couple adaptors made by heli-modified for the ST bikes. worked well enough, but seemed like a lot of clutter.
so i took my yoke over to a buddy who's got a mill. he worked over the yoke to take off what i considered expendable material and powdercoated it so it looks like:
top:

bottom:

none of the "meat" that wraps around the fork tubes had to be milled off to accomodate the "ducati performance" bar risers i have installed. they're the type that were offered for the "regular" monsters in '01. i was lucky enough to pay well below list price or i'd have bought cyclecat's version to mount under the yoke.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Strati- Did you get some new cans for the S4? What about that one pair you made? For sale? Will they work on mine?
Buz.

G

·
hey buz,
new cans for the s4 are made from 50mm tubing, 996 muffler bodies, and 52mm perf'd tubing. bunch o' welding to put it all together. they're low-mounts and slip-fit with the ST4 headers i installed. ST4 headers are 45mm which is a bump up from the 42mm headers standard on the S4.
the high-mounts that i made before are long-gone buddy... sold them to a local mostro-phile, but if you want, a buddy of mine's selling a set of titanium high-mount sil motor slip-ons (he's upgrading to a full system). gimme a hollar if you'd be interested ([email protected]) (ps - sorry for the spam gang!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts