Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Hey Steve:

I'm out here. [smiley=cool.gif] What's happening? I've been out of town but I'm back for a bit.

Did you get your black Multi yet?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I was misinformed as the dealer was misinformed. I still have the Cromo. Still thinking of selling it.

KRS is in 1000 parts getting a new clutch. Now that is a fun job. Have to break the bike in two to get it done. It should be back together tomorrow.

You around for a lazy ride this weekend?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'll be around all weekend. I should be able to work something out. Let me know what is good for you man. Hope we can get out on the roads.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phew, got the KRS back together. PITA. So you able to ride Monday? I am going to clean the KRS tomorrow it needs it badly.

Let me know if you can get together for a ride.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I should finally be able for a lazy ride when ever ya'll want to. BTW- Thanks for the support on the Iraq topic.
Buz.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's see what Matt says and we can put one together. Look forward to it.

Not supprt dude, honest to goodness appreciation for the people with the balls and the commitment to sacrifice so that others can prosper. What could be a more nobler cause.

You look too young to be an E-7, or maybe I am just getting too old!

·
Registered
196 Posts
36 y/o. Starting to get soldiers that were born when I came in------I'm gettin' old.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was born and raised to be in the Army and spent three years at Ft. Stewart, GA when the 24th ID was there in 86-89. Got out after that. Never could make a career due to my size. Long story,

Dad was an 0-6, Dad's Dad was an 0-6, Dad's Dad's Wife was an 0-6. Just was not to be in my case.

That is why I appreciate the sacrifice you guys make and are making in Iraq. The Euros and the some of the others will never understand. I have argued this point and the whole war on another forum. Never will be resolved.

Like you said, I am not political either, I support the sacrifice of the troops doing the job. I owe you beers!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Monday would be cool with me. What is a good time for you guys? I would like to do it in the am & be back sometime around lunch.

Matt

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Sheeit That is definately early. I was thinking like 9 or 9:30. Could you do that?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You said early! I am an early riser, I'll be up at 6:00. 9:00 is fine with me.

You know which Sheetz I am talking about right?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
OK 9 it is. I don't know where the Sheetz is but I'm sure that it can't be too hard to find. I'll get off @ 15/exit 40 & find it. How hard can it be right.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not hard, top of ramp and take a left. Can't miss it.

See you there. 9:00AM

Hey Buz, you still out there?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Steve & Buz:
That was a great ride. Sorry I had to zip out early. I was low on fuel & I had to get home anyway. I tried to tell you that I had to scoot @ the stop sign before we turned left to cross 66. I didn't get a chance though. I had a blast riding with you. It was great except when I ran out of gas on the the way home on 66. Luckily I had just passed an exit. So, I just coasted down the onramp & crossed 29 to the Exxon. I was thinking I could get a little further but I guess I couldn't & it was good thing that it happened right then. It made it easy to get to a gas station to fill 'er up.

See you again soon,

Matt

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad Ducatz, bad boy! I was stopping at the gas station 1/4 mile down the road to go our seperate ways. They had gas there! LOL

Anyway, glad you did OK. The only time I ran out of gas on the Monster was in WVA and had to push it 6 miles to a gas station. :doh

Anyway, the images are here if you want to download them.

http://k12rssteve.smugmug.com/gallery/21314/1/725310

·
Registered
196 Posts
Steve-
Great ride! Beautiful country, man I wish I had to ride that everyday. Great pics, thanks for posting the roads we road cuz I know I would never be able to find them again. Great to see you again, I gotta learn to lean like you do at least learn the roads. Man, that cromo tank rules.
Matt-
Good to meet you man. Could never missed you and the yellow Monster in the mirrors, you were glowing back there.
If you would have went about 1/4 mile @66 there was gas. Great ride.

Let me know when the next ride is going to be, the more the merrier. Maybe out to that BBQ place, I can eat with the best of them, don't let the skinny body fool you.
BUZ.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I highly recomend a NESBA Intro Track day at Summit Point. You will learn the limitations of you and your bike. Then when you ride on the road you can ride at a faster pace and have confidence that you have enough left on the table to get you out of a bind when they occur. Except for the really oh **** kind of binds.

I had a great ride too. I am ready to do it again any time.

Let me know when you guys are available, I am pretty much open for anytime now adays.

http://www.nesba.com/Events/free_events.asp

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'd really like to do that free track day on 10/31 or 11/1. What do you think Buz & everyone else?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts