Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some custom mapping for my bike with a pcIII.

Looking for a a shop that knows what they are doing, I'd rather pay a little more $$ and get it done right the first time.

Thanks in Advance [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
My son got his XR jetted at FactoryPro, and I know Desmoto takes bikes up there to get dynoed.

http://www.factorypro.com/

(I should point out they are more together than their website would suggest. Truly a horrible site!)

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Will Hare Racing do it? I know they used to have a dyno machine a couple of years ago--that was right after they had sold the business. I don't know if they do the tuning as well. I had my Monster dyno'd there and one of the owners said that he used to own a Duc. Makes sense that if they have the machine that they would tune it as well. Worth a quick call I suppose.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I've used Scuderia West in the city. They are very good -- Don Lemelin the owner does the mapping. He did my last race bike.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Isnt your bike a carb'd 750?

Anyways, there's been some not so steller reviews on Hare racing lately (check BARF). Something bout over priced and sloppy work.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure Tigre's bike is f.i. Mine is carb'd.

I think I've also heard some recent grumblings about Hare Racing, but for the most part people swear by them. Maybe talk to them about their prices, what's included in that, and what happens if you're not happy with the work. I do that with larger expenditures at shops. Reputable shops always have a game plan in my experience.

Hey, does Hattar have access to a dyno?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DanTheMan said:
Isnt your bike a carb'd 750?

Anyways, there's been some not so steller reviews on Hare racing lately (check BARF). Something bout over priced and sloppy work.
If you mean my bike, it's F.I. Starting in '02 all monsters were F.I. in '01 only the 900 was F.I. and the rest were carb'd.

I want to get Dyno guy that knows his Ducs. Since my '02 750 was the only 750 that was F.I. , power commander doesn't make a PCIII specifically for my bike but has a model that can work. I am also changing the displacement so it won't be a typical 750 mapping, not that there is one anyways.

Thanks for the info so far [thumbsup] . Sounds like I have some more research to do and phone calls to make.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Call Lance at Desmoto Sport (415-552-7729). The guys at Factory Pro do a great job. They do all of our race and street bikes and they are all fast and reliable.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts