Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike:

1999 Ducati Supersport 900. Half fairing. Red. Clean title, mostly stock, and everything in tip-top shape. Currently at a little under 13K miles.

The deal:

I'm leaving the country. But before that, I'm going for a ride. Starting from next week, I've got about 3 weeks to tool around before moving to Australia, so I figure it'd be nice to see the Atlantic and all the random parts of the country between here (here being San Francisco) and there.

It's a bit of a tight schedule, and I don't want to feel rushed, so I was thinking about just riding it to the east coast at a leisurely pace and selling the bike over there.

So... if anybody's on the eastern seaboard who would be interested in the bike, get in touch, and we can try to work out a killer deal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yup, this probably belongs in a for-sale section, but I had no idea how to cover the details of the situation in such a place.

That said, if anybody wants to meet up with me on my trip and show me ther roads in your neck of the woods, I'd be more than game.

(FYI, yes, I also own a Monster. But my brother's already called dibs on that one. ;D)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm. general ballpark, I'm imagining around blue book trade-in (currently $4350), give or take, depending on circumstances (e.g how far out of the way i'd have to deliver the bike, how cheaply i can get a plane ticket back to SF, if i can camp out in your front yard while waiting for a flight ;D ....)

all negotiable, of course, so any input on what a fair deal might be would be more than welcome.

S

·
0 Posts
I wish I had the cash to buy that bike. I would love to make a custom bike with that frame. Oh dreams!
it's funny because that's exactly what i'd have in mind... once the s4's "DONE" with the 998 motor installed, my next project will be to build a "power cruiser" based off a 900cc duc. original plans were to use a monster because i actually like the monster's frame aesthetically more, but if the "price is right" an SS could be used.

D

·
0 Posts
If you find yourself around Ft. Collins, CO I'll be happy to take you on some really nice rides. You can contact me by clicking on my sig.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the YZF's been sold to a co-worker, and I gave the bandit to my cousin. as you may have guessed, I'm a bit of a bike nut :D . unfortunately, all the wheels in the stable have been spoken for except for the supersport.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Nice idea - on the cross country goodbye trip.

I don't mean to doubt your riding prowess with this question either - but across country on a SS? I don't know if I could stand the riding position for that long. Do you do alot of long rides?

I guess 3 weeks would give you a nice leasurely pace though.

Good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i was struggling with the idea of comfort on an SS too, but in the end, it's all i've got :D .

i figure I'll just strap a big tank bag on and try to lean against that. i've done the west coast on a 400cc bandit, but nothing on the scale of a cross-country trip thus far. i'm sure *somebody* has done it before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts