Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anybody here in AZ has had the "leaky" battery replaced with a Yausa for free? I had my GS battery die on me, wouldn't start the bike and wouldn't charge... but they(cycle-moto) gave me another GS... was thinking of asking if they would replace with Yausa... If not, I am concidering purchacing one... It would really REALLY suck to have bike in the shop just when I want to ride it most... to get out of the HEAT!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Steve--I gave up trying to work with CycleMoto in Mesa and just purchased a new Yuasa battery from Town and Country Motorsports. Don't know about the other Ducati Dealer in Phoenix. They're too far away for me as I'm in east Mesa. The thing is you have to make sure the vent tube is firmly in place and it's long enough to run to the bottom of the crankcase. The old battery (that leaked) didn't have a vent tube at all! Good luck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I figured... When I went in there after first reading the battery acid story on here... they were like "I've never heard of that..." And then, when my battery died, they were "Yea, another ducati battery problem..." And I thought that they might give me a different battery, but just a replacement... Yea, $79 is cheap insurance...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts