Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 09 1100 and am thinking of putting on the Termis. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of where to buy them and a place to install them. I'm located in San Jose and bought the bike at MotoCafe (formally Honda Peninsula). They are quoting $1,350 for the carbon fiber slip-on, air filter, and ECU, but they will not install them. Generally I would install a slip-on myself, but with the air filter and ECU, I just feel better having someone else do it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Make sure whomever installs them that they have a dyno to tweek the new ECU, which is programable. Because my bike was under warranty I had my dealer install and tweek the system for my 696. They charged $187.50 to install the Termi kit and do the dyno run. I bought the stainless steel kit, which they sold to me for $850. I thought that was a very fair price for the work that they did.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I live in Louisville, KY. It was bought and installed by my Ducati dealer, Commonwealth Motorcycles. Here is their URL: http://www.commoto.com/
Since I bought the bike from them they give me a good discount (10-15%) on anything that I buy from them. They are a great dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I had a great service experience at Nichols (was worth a 3hr one-way trip!)

couple guys i know have all their bike work done at desmoto, might check there too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions of Nichols and Desmoto. I will look into them. The guys at MotoCafe also suggested SportTech Cycles. They are a bit closer to me. Does anyone have any experience with them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts