Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much pressure from different members of the opposite sex, I think I am going to relent and purchase a helmet for 2-up riding. The obvious problem is that it would optimally have to accomodate a few different sized/shaped crania.

I have contemplated just buying another Arai Signet GTR (my current helmet) in my size (medium). The benefit is that I can rotate between two helmets but the problem would be the helmet would be sized to me, not them, not to mention the cost involved.

I could also try to figure out a happy median and size it that way, but then how about the shape of the head? Are there helmets that accomodate more types of heads than others? I know for at least Arai, my head would only fit comfortably in the Signet.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Any Suggestions for a "General" Pass

Get one that fits you. You'll fit more chicks than not with a medium. Of course, fat chicks need lovin, too! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

I've found that a small HJC fits almost all women, the small Shoei I have can be small for some girls though. The Shoei does fit my current gf and she's 5'8"...

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

IMO, I think "most" girls heads would be small, I even take an XS in the HJC CL14, but the only one I found, so far, that would be a M is AGV.

And MOST guys look for that "petite" woman :p

Remember, you are fitting thier "head" not thier "chest" ;)

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

IMO, I think "most" girls heads would be small, I even take an XS in the HJC CL14, but the only one I found, so far, that would be a M is AGV.

And MOST guys look for that "petite" woman :p

Remember, you are fitting thier "head" not thier "chest" ;)
I always look for a little head!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Geez, man, don't buy a large! Nobody wants a chick with a melonhead!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for all the input! :D

I think I'm going with a HJC CL14, size small for $115.

Also, after conducting a couple of "field tests" on chicks with my Arai - I concluded it would be pretty hard to find a girl who would actually fit into a large sized helmet! (My medium didn't even fit on a girl whose 5'8")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts