Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all.

Looking for some rear saddle bags and maybe a rear trunk type bag as well. I liked the Marsee salami bags, but i saw they are discontinued. Any that fit nice, are not too large, and can be used with high mount pipes? I can always put on my low mount Staintunes if need be, but the ti Sils don't run very hot at all.

I have a tank bag. A small Chase Harper that is good for sandals, shorts, and a rain suit. Thats about it.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I use "water sports" tube bag tied to the back seat.

Not sure how it would touch high pipes.

Did 8000kms with that set up.

Skier

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I've seen Chase Harper Stealth 3100 bags on a Monster at the DDD Party last year. It was a customized installation, but they looked like a factory option - beautiful and matched the lines of the Monster.

I almost got some for mine.

I also like the simple Joe rocket saddle bags that are smaller at one end and look like they will fit above low pipes nicely.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I'm happy with my tank bag and tail bag. I did buy the smaller Tourmaster tail bag and wish I had bought the larger cylindrical shape bag. No hassles on or off and no burn worries. Perfect for a weekend. Longer, you'll need saddle bags.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i use the same CORTECH saddle bags as Speeddog. They are about $135 if i recall. I use them every day practically to go to work. They aren't huge, but very stable and durable. I actually attach the straps in a different way...but i am sure it is the same result. A friend of mine wanted to trade them for a perforated jacket he has...I think i am going to pass. The bags are great. You can take them off in about 20 seconds and then carry them like luggage.

I also noticed if you have Carbon fiber pipes, then heat is not an issue with cooking the bags or the contents.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have the Tour Master cortech Sport tail bag,( it is a little different then the one Speeddog has, the Sport is more of the shape of the tail) hooks on easily and stays put and holds a weekends worth of stuff!
I have hi pipes, so have not tried saddlebags.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Revpack makes several very tough, very roomy, inverted U-shaped bags that are handy and economical. The one I've got is their medium size and it carries more than my VFR hard bags, has about 15,000 miles of all kinds of weather and use.

Highly recommended!

-Don

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[No message]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts