Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm FINALLY going to get a 2008 S2R800 that only has about 3,800km done on it, and I'm so stoked!

I have a question on the pipes though - the bike comes with stock cans and I was hoping to upgrade them to Termigs, but the cost of a full system or even slip-ons are a bit more than what I'd like to spend right now.

So, I'm looking at getting the Arrow slip-ons as they should be significantly cheaper (seeing as how you only get the end pipes and nothing else). So my question is how will this affect the fuelling, as the ECU will still be stock? And in the long-term, I will eventually upgrade to a full system. Does this mean that I will have to buy a PC3 for the Arrows? Where I am located, I'm not too sure if there are any facilities that can do a dyno on a Monster, and I've never dealt with a PC before. Is it as simple as just downloading a map from the net and uploading it to the PC3?

Also, are there any performance difference between the titanium cans and the carbon? Of course, most of those I've spoken to says the carbon sounds deeper.

Cheers!

(I'm literally dying with excitement at finally being able to own an S?R Monster. LOL)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Hi all,

I'm FINALLY going to get a 2008 S2R800 that only has about 3,800km done on it, and I'm so stoked!

I have a question on the pipes though - the bike comes with stock cans and I was hoping to upgrade them to Termigs, but the cost of a full system or even slip-ons are a bit more than what I'd like to spend right now.

So, I'm looking at getting the Arrow slip-ons as they should be significantly cheaper (seeing as how you only get the end pipes and nothing else). So my question is how will this affect the fuelling, as the ECU will still be stock? And in the long-term, I will eventually upgrade to a full system. Does this mean that I will have to buy a PC3 for the Arrows? Where I am located, I'm not too sure if there are any facilities that can do a dyno on a Monster, and I've never dealt with a PC before. Is it as simple as just downloading a map from the net and uploading it to the PC3?

Also, are there any performance difference between the titanium cans and the carbon? Of course, most of those I've spoken to says the carbon sounds deeper.

Cheers!

(I'm literally dying with excitement at finally being able to own an S?R Monster. LOL)
Congrats on your find. You're gonna love that bike.
I put the full Arrow system on mine but was disappointed with the constant popping on decel. The dealer suggested PCIII as a cure but I was not willing to spend another $600 (US) for the device and config. And there were no assurances that it would solve the issue anyway. So - I re-installed the original mid pipe and now have just slip ons. Sounds good, runs great with less popping and feels like mid-range is improved over the full system. Can't speak to differences btwn carbon and TI but my TIs are holding up well after 8K miles. I put the baffles back in for the winter here in So CA as it helps the engine warm up faster during these cooler months. Also, I think the slip ons will come with TI pipes that attach to the udder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, MDO.

Wow, sounds like a full Arrow system is too much trouble for what its worth. Glad to hear from your experience that it sounds good with better mid-range on just the slip-ons. Think I'll go that route then, instead of a full system. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers!

Congrats on the bike...

Where are you located? You said you found the bike with 3800 kms....right?

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi

I bought a '02 S4 with the Arrows slip on and PC3 installed.

The bike sound really loud and I like it. I do have some loud popping when decelerating hard, but I like it too ! Even if it isn't supposed to be that way... On smooth decel, everything is fine though.

The previous owner told me that the bike has been put on a dyno to map the power commander. Can't argue since I haven't plugged it on my computer yet ( it's not the usb PC that I got).

In conclusion, I really like the looks (carbon ones), the sound and as far as I know the bike runs like the beast it should be !

Good luck !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts