Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on heading up to Rosmont IL for the show on the 18th, and I was just wondering if there were any other metal heads here interested that wanted to car pool up. At the moment it is going to be me...and that's it.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Templar said:
I am planning on heading up to Rosmont IL for the show on the 18th, and I was just wondering if there were any other metal heads here interested that wanted to car pool up. At the moment it is going to be me...and that's it.
I never got in to Maiden... but i have always liked Eddie... and Run for the Hills (i think was the song)

I am sure SuperJohn is a huge fan!!! ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Templar said:

Man I would so love to go to that. Wish I weren't traveling to Arizona then. Enjoy that show it should be awesome.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Uroplatus said:
I never got in to Maiden... but i have always liked Eddie... and Run for the Hills (i think was the song)

Dude, Iron Maiden rocks!!!
Steve Harris is a killer bassist. I love that band.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
superjohn said:
Dude, Iron Maiden rocks!!!
Steve Harris is a killer bassist. I love that band.
Uroplatus said:

Who would have known that Uroplatuses are physic or Psychic.

I spell like a Uroplatus too. [laugh]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Jobu said:
Who would have known that Uroplatuses are physic or Psychic.

I spell like a Uroplatus too. [laugh]
And i have only talked to SuperJohn like maybe a total of 3 hours in real life.... Dman Im gdoo!!!!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Uroplatus said:
And i have only talked to SuperJohn like maybe a total of 3 hours in real life.... Dman Im gdoo!!!!
If not for that TOSAT thread where I confessed to being a reject rocker from the '80's I'd be in awe of your precognitive skills. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
superjohn said:
If not for that TOSAT thread where I confessed to being a refect rocker from the '80's I'd be in awe of your precognitive skills. [laugh]
I knew there was a catch

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
superjohn said:
If not for that TOSAT thread where I confessed to being a refect rocker from the '80's I'd be in awe of your precognitive skills. [laugh]
I could have still guessed it... you fit the Geek Rocket Mold to a T :) hehe I got a good friend thats into the AS400 stuff...and hes clean cut....got a family now... and he was a hard core rocker back in the day... Your alot like him...

Also his Hard Core ROcker drummer in the band now does this... http://www.ttpan.com and a cool tribute i feel... http://www.panforpunks.com

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Uroplatus said:
I could have still guessed it... you fit the Geek Rocket Mold to a T :) hehe I got a good friend thats into the AS400 stuff...and hes clean cut....got a family now... and he was a hard core rocker back in the day... Your alot like him...

Also his Hard Core ROcker drummer in the band now does this... http://www.ttpan.com and a cool tribute i feel... http://www.panforpunks.com

Do they need a Bass Player?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Not that i know of... all are retired cept the Drummer who is now solo...

Now i got a Les Paul.... we can crank it up if you want!!!! hehe but my stuff may start off heavy but will end up sounding like Dave Matthews

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Uroplatus said:
Not that i know of... all are retired cept the Drummer who is now solo...

Now i got a Les Paul.... we can crank it up if you want!!!! hehe but my stuff may start off heavy but will end up sounding like Dave Matthews
That's OK. I got a Rickenbacker with a distortion pedal. We can sound like Dave Mathews jamming with Motorhead!!!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
superjohn said:
That's OK. I got a Rickenbacker with a distortion pedal. We can sound like Dave Mathews jamming with Motorhead!!!

Sweet... Like what Paul plaied in the beatles?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fustercluck (member here, not a band name) is a pretty good bassist as well.

Oh well, looks like I am going to make the trek up to Rosemont by myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same black Rickenbacker 4003 played through an Ampeg stack and a sansamp bass driver. Also play a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee signature model and several others.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Fustercluck said:
I have the same black Rickenbacker 4003 played through an Ampeg stack and a sansamp bass driver. Also play a Fender Jazz Geddy Lee signature model and several others.
Sweet!! I love the Geddy Lee jazz. The maple board gives it a nice zing. I just have an AMpeg combo since I'm not in a band at the moment, but the minute I get into one, I'm getting a Hiwatt half stack!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
superjohn said:
Sweet!! I love the Geddy Lee jazz. The maple board gives it a nice zing. I just have an AMpeg combo since I'm not in a band at the moment, but the minute I get into one, I'm getting a Hiwatt half stack!!!
Yeah I'm not really in a band now either so this full stack is wasted. The jazz does sound great as I have Rotosounds on it and crank some distortion through the Sans amp. It gets the old Rush grind perfectly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am headed out this evening as soon as the shop closes. I am going to try and get to Lexington tonight, crash in a hotel, and drive the rest of the way up tomorrow. I had given some thought to riding up, but the weather put a damper (literally) on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Templar said:
I am headed out this evening as soon as the shop closes. I am going to try and get to Lexington tonight, crash in a hotel, and drive the rest of the way up tomorrow. I had given some thought to riding up, but the weather put a damper (literally) on that.

Be careful man and have a great trip. I wish i was heading up there with you, that will be a killer show.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts