Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any riders living near Dubuque, IA? Might be heading in your direction this weekend with some other Monstonians.

R.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I am an Iowa boy, but I live in France.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I grew up on a farm just outside of Thor Ia, around Ft. Dodge, Webster City... I live in Madison, Wi now though. I love Iowa.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm riding from Chicago. I just moved some friends out there and liked the ride. I might ride back out this weekend and hit those hills again.

R.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I grew up on a farm just outside of Thor Ia, around Ft. Dodge, Webster City... I live in Madison, Wi now though. I love Iowa.
Kidofsand -

I was born in Fort Dodge '74, then moved to Bettendorf around '81, then to Storm Lake around '88, then to Ames '92, then to Cedar Rapids '97, then France '02. I know Iowa a little too well :)

Do you still have family around FD? My parents lived there a long time (30+ years) so they still have a lot of friends there. My sister and her hubby live there still too.

mitt

·
Registered
211 Posts
No family left around fd. Actually we lived closer to humboldt and eagle grove. That's where I went to grade school. My grandparents passed away a few years ago and that was the last of our family around there. We still have their farm though. It's my dad's get away place. He loves to go back there and tinker with our old tractors and so on.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
P-R,

How was the weekend in the Land Of Corn?

mitt

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Born in Des Moines in '72, moved to Spencer when I was young, moved to Estherville in 5th or 6th grade, then went to college in Iowa City. Left IA for Cali in '96, then moved to South Carolina in '01. Family all still lives in IA, though (Des Moines, Iowa City, Estherville, Sioux City, Cedar Falls).

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was born in Cedar Rapids in 54, got relatives in Solon, Iowa city, Belmond and Creston. Live in Harrisburg Pa now, I miss it alot and will ride back someday soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts