Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already taken the MSF course, but what I am looking for is something on a track with instructors to teach more about proper riding form, braking and cornering techniques. I know that I not even coming close to approaching the limits of the Monster, and I would like to be able to utilize more of the capabilities of the bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks extremely promising. Thanks a lot. [thumbsup] Do they offer group rates? Maybe we could get a decent enough group of DML'ers to go.

·
Banned
322 Posts
This is something that I would be really interested in as well. It would be great if a bunch of us could go together. I know scheduling might be tough, but it would be cool. And we could gett pictures of a bunch of Monsters whipping around the track together.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
minkman said:
This is something that I would be really interested in as well. It would be great if a bunch of us could go together. I know scheduling might be tough, but it would be cool. And we could gett pictures of a bunch of Monsters whipping around the track together.
Yup, I'm in for this next year.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah, this looks quite promising. I wonder when they will have their 07 schedule up?

Now I have to get a full leather suit and some sport boots. More $$$ ::)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Templar said:
Oh yeah, this looks quite promising. I wonder when they will have their 07 schedule up?

Now I have to get a full leather suit and some sport boots. More $$$ ::)
That's true, I forgot about that. I guess I need to get a jacket that zips to the pants I bought this year (which hopefully will still fit next year. I gotta lay off the pizza)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Keith Code brings his California Superbike School to VIR annually as well. Was moving to Charlotte this year so i missed it but I'm planning on it for next.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
superjohn said:
That's true, I forgot about that. I guess I need to get a jacket that zips to the pants I bought this year (which hopefully will still fit next year. I gotta lay off the pizza)
Many schools will rent leathers for an added fee (much less than buying).

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
LOL. I feel the same way but I would consider it (depending on the school some of the best offer GP level leathers) if A. I was traveling west or B. I couldn't afford it. The best outfits use good stuff and most good suits have removable (washable) liners.

I found a set of Dainese Foggy Replica Leathers with a full Wave Backprotector practically new for 550.00 from a guy who bought them for a class and then figured out track days and race preps were beyond what he wanted to spend monthly.

For Dainese some great sites I've had luck with are www.dainese.be (Tom) or www.motshop.de. There are some good custom leather outfits that are reasonable as well that many on the main board have discussed if you do a search (Z leathers, Helimot, etc).

Next spring/summer can't come quick enough for me. I am obsessed with learning to ride fast --- on a track.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I'm up for a track day or two next year. Time to start looking for a leather 1 piece I guess. :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Uroplatus said:
there was a ducati track day at VIR Monday, Tuesday (today) and none of us knew about it... hehe

think it was US Desmo

Boy, do we suck. [laugh] Oh well, I couldn't have gone to that one anyway.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Templar said:
Boy, do we suck. [laugh] Oh well, I couldn't have gone to that one anyway.
wasn't US-Desmo.... it was Cornerspeed....

1st Annual Autumn Mid-Atlantic Ducati two day event on the North Course (10/30-31/2006). The 5th annual spring event sold out so fast that we're doing an autumn event too! This is open to all riders and all brands of motorcycles. This is an excellent opportunity to ride with Cornerspeed and our instructors. We will be offering instruction to all levels of riders with no less than 3 classroom lectures for the beginner group. This is not the accredited school AND an accredited school is not required to attend in Group1. Registration form As of 10/21/06 ALL GROUPS SOLD OUT. Waiting list only. Call for availability.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I emailed them today about when they thought they might have a schedule up for the schools for next year, and informed them that there were several members here who were trying to coordinate attendance of their course. I will post up again when I hear back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.