Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local shop showed me a set of Cortech leathers made by Tour Master. The jacket was $249 and the pants $219. I haven't seen what price break I could get or anything yet but even the list price range is in my ball park. They are offered in perfed and non-perfed. Does anyone have any feedback on these?

Go to the link below and click leathers. I am looking at the Magnum Jacket and Apex Pants. Any info would be appreciated.

http://www.tourmaster.com/cortech_main-html.html?mgiToken=0C15B7C8AF7F886C41#

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I think MonsterHooligan has some so maybe he'll chime in. I've got no FHE with them, but I've heard decent reviews and the ones I've seen seem to be pretty decent. The Cortech lines in general--from bags to gear--is good, affordable stuff.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can chime in now........I actually bought that set back in '04 after my post. Not bad for the price. Fit was nice and the quality was very good. Did a ton of track days with them. Can't complain at all. For the price they served me well.

Lost them in the flood and replaced them with an Alpinestars 1 piece suit. While I was trying on leathers I also got to check out an AGV suit for $350 that was pretty nice if you are budget minded.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
i've got the cortech coaster.
they are a great deal.
good protection, armor, liner, nice vents...understated styling...

only complaints:
the stitching isnt perfect
i fell between a S and M in jacket size...went with the M jacket and S pants.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
MonsterHooligan said:
better not.

i have pictures of your junk on tigres head.
dont make me print tshirts
Put me down for an even dozen in xl. I'm sure there's a local watering hole in the city that i could sell them at . [laugh]
I have the tourmaster /cortech coaster air jacket and the apex air pants. I would buy them again. great bang for the buck. Great ventilation for the summer(90-100degree), ce armour in shoulder,elbow, and back. Comes with a warm zip out liner. I got them shipped to my house for $359.98. I was happy enough with the product to buy the advanced sport jkt(textile )for winter riding . Nice and warm and dry!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good info here, I think I'll go with Cortech for my 1st jacket/pants because their prices are right in line with my budget.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
theseeker411 said:
Good info here, I think I'll go with Cortech for my 1st jacket/pants because their prices are right in line with my budget. 
And that's key. Better to get reasonable stuff within your budget now than ride with nothing while saving for Vanson or Dainese.

David B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts