Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local bike shop carries these and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them before I get some.

I know they aren't as good as leather, but how about as far as denim goes?

Icon Barrier Pants ~$90

Icon Recon Pants ~$90

Icon Timax Pants ~$130

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
the Icons sizing runs just like normal...I have heard that the jackets run small, but the pants run equal to your regular pant size.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
A guy in my office just bought the Recon pants. He says they are super comfortable. They look pretty good, but the denim doesn't seem super thick. Is there some 'miracle fiber' bonded to the back or something? If not I'd guess they'd be about as durable, or maybe a skosh more, than a pair of regular jeans.

·
Banned
33 Posts
i crashed tested a pair of icon recons. I'm 5'8" 155lbs and bought a pair of 32R, I believe they were. I knew the knee padding hung a bit low....the knee pads were useless, my knees made contact with the ground through the black stretchy material. For that price, I would much rather go with the Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh pants, which I purchased from www.newenough.com for $107, of course they don't have the look of denim. I like the look, but I didn't see them as anything more than expensive jeans that had a motocross look to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts