Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S2R1000 and looking for a slip-on to go with the spareshack mid-pipe. Wondering if anyone has any experience with those Fresco Exhaust?

Quality, fit and finish? I like the simple round CF ones

Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
GTI17V, how do you like the Spareshck mid-pipe? I'm thinking of getting either a Spareshack or Spark mid-pipe for my own S2R 1000. Does the Spareshack unit have a port for the O2 sensor? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Fit and finish os comparable to Sil Moto--which is very typical Italian. Welds are not as tight as the robot welds of the Japanese exhaust systems--but is consistent with what we see with Termignoni and Arrow. I like the design of the Fresco systems. They follow the lines of the subframe well. They cans are not too long or short. They sound good.
The CF skins look to come from the same place that supplies Sil Motor. It is pre-preg and should last a long time.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
moto,

Can you post some pics of the details you point out?

like some of the welds and the lines that match the subframe.

thanks

Q [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
what about some pictures of Low mounts? i'd like to see how that looks as I've been considering the Frescos for my S4....

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
We did not get many low mounts in this last shipment. Here is a photo that they sent me last month.

This one has a sticker on it. None of our systems have any logos on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's replies....

Apexal...... I haven't got the mid-pipes yet. I'll be getting it in a couple of weeks. Will definitely let you know how it is.

The Fresco sounds good to me, will post further info

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I just got a pair of high mount titanium megaphones for my bike today! I will post pre-installation photos soon, and I will mount them on my dismantled bike just to see how they fit. The welds, as shown in the pic are pretty much raw tig welds, there was no attempt to brush away the heat marks or sand down the filler. That said, I don't find it distracting really, I used a little scotchbrite to make it more subtle. What's cool about the exhaust is that the design allows you to swap between high mount and low mount. This, and the weight loss from the use of titanium made me decide to invest in these rather than the sils. More on this when I get pics up.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Moto,

Could you post the same angle picture as the first you posted with a dual sided exhaust?

I want to get a better idea of the rear pegs with different exhaust options.

Even if I need to do some minor custom work, it looks like fresco may be the answer.

Q

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Are you looking for a one on each side application like this:

or a two on one side application like this:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'd like to change from the low mount I currently have to some high. So I'm giving some serious thought to the fresco round or conic, but I'm wondering about fit issues. I've got a '00 900 with a 1/2 tail chop. And based on the photo below, I've concerned that the exhaust tip might hit my signal

Any thoughts? From the photos, it looks lie the cones might provide more clearance - but it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Could you detail your thoughts a little more? From my eyeballing, it look like the signals would sit above the widest part of the cone-tip, of the round pipes. The center line of the signals is in line with the center line of, what's left of, the sub frame. I think they would clear, but they would sit very very very close. As a result I'm concerened about heat damage.

Are there any side shots of the conic cans, like the one of the round cans? From the other shots, it seems that the cones are shorter. But all the current photos are all 3/4 angle shots and it's hard to tell

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
The TS looks to be above the line of the exhaust as it is on the same line as the hand rail. The exhaust is on the line below the lock.

But all is not lost if it is in the way. It is easy to move the TS. We have a bracket that mounts on the TS next to the tailight similar to the TS in the fresco picture.

The cans are very easy to shorten if you need it to sit back further. Just disassemble and cut the perforated pipe and canister skin and reassemble.

For heat issues, you can reduce temps by 200 degrees by ceramic coating the perforated pipe, and tips.

·
Registered
406 Posts
So I have installed the Fresco CF Round pipes. Along with the DP header/collector the sound is out standing. Here are some additional pics

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
Nice [thumbsup]

can you post pics of the clamps, especially the section hanging down below the bottom pipe.

thanks

Q

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'll get the requested pics as soon as I can.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts