Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a S2R that will not start I need to get it to a Ducati Doctor asap.... so i can begin this riding season. My bike is in Davenport Iowa and there are NOOOOOO Ducati mechanics in this town. Does anyone know of any place that works of Ducat's other than in Chicago? Let me know.

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Not sure on the eastern side of the state but here in Des Moines we have Doug at MotoSports. He is the only one besides myself I will let touch the innards of my bike.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Yep, if doug can't fix it, it is probably beyond fixin.

Not many choices in eastern Iowa. Probably the closest good shops to eastern IA besides Chicago (which there are a few good and a few bad) is Madison or Milwaukee or Springfield IL.

Can you diagnose the problem any more than it won't start? How is the battery - that is always the first thing to check (after making sure the kill switch in ON, and the bike is in Neutral, and the kickstand is UP)?

mitt

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
[email protected] MotoSports for sure. StL also has a dealership, Donnelson Cycles, but they farked up my bike so i wouldn't really recommend them.

Like Mitt said, what are the systems? What year is the bike? I have an '05 S2r that had starting probs last year and it was the immobilizer. Does it crank? Do the guages sweep?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts