Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in West LA and want to get my first bike.....I would love to get a 620 preferably dark. I've gone through the safety course and gotten my license but thats about the extent of my experience with motorcycles. I'm looking for something under $3,000, I'm okay with some cosmetic damage (after all its gonna be my first bike) but I need it to be mechanically sound. Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
mod said:
I live in West LA and want to get my first bike.....I would love to get a 620 preferably dark. I've gone through the safety course and gotten my license but thats about the extent of my experience with motorcycles. I'm looking for something under $3,000, I'm okay with some cosmetic damage (after all its gonna be my first bike) but I need it to be mechanically sound. Thanks!

Also try CraigsList.org, over the last few weeks there have been listings for used Monsters.

Good Luck with your new adventure, we have all experienced the joy of owning our first Monsters and just love to TALK about it! ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
There's *somebody* around here that's more than ready to trade up to something bigger.... name is on the tip of my tongue....gimme a minute and I'll think of it...
<innocent whistling smiley>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys...i have been looking at both cycletrader and craigslist, nothing in the area around 3k or under though. hoping someone might know someone....cuz i want to get riding and want a monster as my first! tempted to buy a new 695 but its probably not the smartest move with my very lack of experience.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
if you mean the engine size difference between the 620 and 695.. ehh. it's all in your right hand brother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah its more a price issue, looking for used so if i drop it :'(, i wont freak out about it being a brand spanking new bike.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Speeddog said:
There's *somebody* around here that's more than ready to trade up to something bigger.... name is on the tip of my tongue....gimme a minute and I'll think of it...
<innocent whistling smiley>

I think that's a sweet 600, isn't it ? !

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts