Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 99 750 Dark, love it, and I'm trying to find out whats going on in the Chicago area.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
depends on where you're at. jesse oaks up in gurnee is more for the cruiser crowd, but is a good place to grab some grub and hang out.

800darkdread lives in the city and goes to the player's club on tuesday night

there's a place in villa park called strat's... I see a bikes there on random nights and on tuesday's they have classic car night.

sunday mornings, ride on hwy 41 in the northern suburbs, since highland house closed a bunch of people have been parking at the full moon restaurant.

downtown naperville is insane on weekend nights...

so, take your pick!

you're best bet is to try to hook up with me, 800darkdread and a couple of other monster riders in the chicago area. it's been tough finding some time to get together though. hopefully soon!

congrats on the bike and have fun!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Anytime a ride sounds like it begins close enough to me, I'm there. I would love to ride with other monster owners. Not to mention check out other bikes. ;D

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi

It is interesting to read this Threat.
I'm from Germany and my Company wants me to go to Chicago for min 2 Years. So I'm thinking about taking my monster with me.
Do you have any Informations what is necessary for that?

Any Ducati Dealers in Chicago.

Regards

Stefan

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Hi

It is interesting to read this Threat.
I'm from Germany and my Company wants me to go to Chicago for min 2 Years. So I'm thinking about taking my monster with me.
Do you have any Informations what is necessary for that?

Any Ducati Dealers in Chicago.

Regards

Stefan
come on over! you'll find enough support from the local dealers to help you with any monster issues. where are they going to hole you up? the chicago scenery will be ... different ... (cornfields and skyscrapers) than what you got in germany, but it's an experience to take in from the seat of a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hello TDaddy

the Office is in Buffalo Grove.

On Friday a had a appointment on the Consulate in Frankfurt for the Visa. Then it will take 4 to 8 weeks and the I get the Visa.
So it will be october. I think thats to late for riding a Duc in Chicago. I heard it will be very cold in Chicago. So I think I bring my Bike next year to the states.
I' m also thinking to take my MINI (The Original not the New BMW One). Are they are any Clubs or Dealers for old english cars.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
you're hitting the end of the riding season in october, it gets cold as hell when halloween comes around! and this year we had snow until april. it sucked. buffalo grove is a nice place, lots of condo's and apartments. will you be living there as well?

as for bringing you MINI over, that'd be sweet as all hell! i know of a garage right by my house in lake bluff that just restored a classic MINI, a VERY sweet looking car! there is are several classic car dealers in lake bluff (20 minutes northeast of buffalo grove) that does a lot of work on euro classics, so you'll be set.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi
that sounds great. I like that car. It'a a little bit riding my Duc.
It had leather and wood inside.

I don't were we Living there. The first we live in a hotel. But we were looking for a house to rent. I need a huge Garage.
When we are in Chicago I hope I can afford me my dream.
A 66 Mustang Convertible with a huge engine. In Germany it is imposssible to own such a Car.
Or if a had alot of Money or a win in a Lottery a Dodge Viper.
I drove this car once and it was unbelieveable.

So enough dreaming. Back to Reality.
What is the normally cost of rent a House. In germany we pay about 600 $ for our Appartment. Can we get a House for this.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
it depends on how many people you're living with. a nice two bedroom apartment with a garage will probably run you around $1300 in buffalo grove. i don't know what it would cost to rent a house though. you should get your company to pay for your housing! then you could definitely look for a house to rent! check out apartments.com... you'll want to look in the far north suburbs for something.

and if you're looking for a 66 mustang, there are a bunch of places you could find them around the area, just don't get it in the winter, the road salt will eat the body like it were a cracker!!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
woah 1300$ thats alot of money. my Company will not pay for a house or appartment. They give me Illness insurance and payment for the retirement. I think thats also very necessary.
I think buffalo Grove is a very expensive area. Is there in the a cheaper Area in the near surrounding. I think driving half hour to the office is ok.

Were can I look at apartment.com?

Stefan

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
your best bet is to drive around the area when you get in and look for any postings. the stuff you'll find on the interet are the high dollar places with questionable availability. for an idea of the types of places, check out www.chicagotribune.com and click on the "apartments for rent" section.

good luck!

V

·
0 Posts
so when are we gonna get a chicago monster board meeting going? :) i would like to check out the other ducs in the area. it would be nice to see what other mods i can do also. :)

V

·
0 Posts
There is a yahoo group called CAMA (chicago area motorcyclist assoc). They always seem to have a lot of group rides.

Just do a search on the yahoo groups for CAMA.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm in chicago - live in Wicker Park. I drive an 01 S4 with a bunch of mods. Anyone up for riding in the city and heading wherever our bikes take us I'm game for.

Stefan - Wheeling and Arlington Heights are cheaper places to live then Buffalo Grove. However, I lived in Buffalo Grove at the Wheatlands. A one bedroom will probably run you right around 1000.

Jason

V

·
0 Posts
the apt complex i live in is in wheeling. i believe they are renting 2br/2ba units for a little under 1k. so i would think that singles are even cheaper if that's what u want. on the plus side, they do have underground/heated parking. let me know if u want more details i can find out details for u. or i could just give u the number. let me know if u want more details.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For what it's worth, a friend of mine is sponsering a car show this saturday and this is the first year that bikes are allowed. Weather depending, I will be there. It is at rt. 59 and Sterns Rd in Bartlett. If any other Monster riders are out and about, it would be cool to meet you there. I know it doesn't sound like the best time or coolest place to meet-up, but hell, it's a start. Noone else is throwing out any ideas. Anyway, ride safe and check ya later!!!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hello valileo

I think it takes 2 month before I get to Chicago. Now I'm waiting for the Visa. When I have the Visa and all other Things are done I come back to you.

By the way my work is done for today and now i'm riding my Bella. On my Hometrack that I ride often there is longest distance between two aout one Mile. I think that is different to chicago.
So do you go one racetracks often

Stefan

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I believe 9 or 10 or an ish inbetween. (9:00ish, 9:30ish). I know I was asked to get there around 9. It's not so much a "car show" like cruize nights, just a little show and there's awards for "best of's" which is all people choice voting. Just something to drum up buisness for the shopping strip there. I heard it's been fun in the past, we'll (or at least I'll) see this saturday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts