Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to clearance issues I need to put some small air filters that mount directly onto the intake manifolds of my 2000 900ie engine. They would need to represent these in size

but mount directly to the intake manifolds. Those are from MadDuc and are slightly larger in diameter than I need. Has anyone mounted commercial, custom, home made, whatever filters as I need or have any ideas? Otherwise I may get the ones from MadDuc and machine a spacer.

p.s. If you are wondering or are familiar with my setup the reason I need to do this is because I have put a 2000 900ie engine into my 1998 750 carbed frame and I have not cut out the straight crossbar that interferes with the new engine's airbox. So I know I could just cut out the bar and weld in the curved one that the injected frames use, but if I can just pop in a different filter I'll be more than happy with that.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You can always pick out the filter foam of your choice & just tie wrap it over the bells. Just make sure it has enough structural integrety to avoid collapsing from the intake pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts