Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to build a new harness for my S2R. I am in search of connectors that are on my factory harness. That being said, i have located many of the part numbers (after many correspondences
with AMP/tyco) for the weather proof connectors, but i am missing part numbers for:

the two enormous locking connectors (multi-pin) on the ECU
the simple connectors from the rectifier
fuel injector connectors
speedo/cluster connector
the other connector next to the horn under the airbox.

Anyhow, i think that some of the connectors are AMP SuperSeal, EconoSeal, AmpSeal, but the ones above have eluded me. I appreciate any help you may be able to give me. Honestly, i am willing to purchase a damaged or other fuel injected harness if it has the necessary connectors. the company below will sell the AMP connectors and pins individually (or so i have been told).
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/

Thanks,
RB

Oh, part numbers for the nice AMP connectors on the S2R:
part number # of pins
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282079-2 1 Plug
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282080-1 2 Plug
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282087-1 3 Plug
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282088-1 4 Plug
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282089-1 5 Plug
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282090-1 6 Plug
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 183025-1 female Receptacle Contact for Plug (Loose)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282110-1 female Receptacle Contact for Plug (Strip)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 281934-3 universal for 16 awg Wire Seal Red
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 880810-1 2 Boot
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 880811-2 3 Boot
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 880814-1 5 Boot
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282103-1 1 Cap (socket)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282104-1 2 Cap (socket)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282105-1 3 Cap (socket)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282106-1 4 Cap (socket)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282107-1 5 Cap (socket)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282108-1 6 Cap (socket)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 183024-1 male Tab Contact for Cap (Loose)
SuperSeal 1.5 Series AMP 282109-1 male Tab Contact for Cap (Strip)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Thanks for the legwork on tracking those connectors down.

I think the connectors for the ECU and gauges are specials, those may be impossible to get other than by scavenging from an OEM harness and components.

I would thing that the injector connectors are standard, as I don't think the injectors are ducati-specific.
But I could be wrong...

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Pretty sure Nick is right on the injectors. I think they look like Bosch connections, but since the computer is Marelli it might be that.

G

·
When you're done, we'll be sure and immortalize this post in the FAQ & How-To section.

This info will be priceless [thumbsup]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi, I was the one with the other " cry for help " a few days ago, I just wanted to replace my perished rubber boots.

Bravo for delving so deeply into this AMP stuff. The TYCO/AMP website is probly the most confuserating mess ever seen on the internet - user friendly NOT !!!!

On my 2000 900 ie the fuel injection plugs are AMP

My " research " was to subject an old AMP connector to the hacksaw test.

I ( delicately ) dissected a 4 wire connector to see exactly what was going on inside. My conclusion was - don't try fiddling with these puppies at home kids - unless you have a degree in microsurgery and jewellery making that is...

That's when I took a peek at the AMP website. Everything was OK until I found the info on the special crimping and insertion tooling, etc., etc., etc.

Guess what my new replacement " boots " are ?? Electrical tape.

Good luck making your own harness mate. I don't mean to sound sarcastic saying that BTW, and if you do succeed I would really like you to give me a quote to make a new one for me.

I thoroughly agree your valuable info will be an asset to the DML, thanks.

WTSDS

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WTDS,
Thanks for the kind words. If you look at the above list i included boot part numbers as well, hopefully the ones you are looking for are there. If not, send me a few pix of the connector and what it does (connected too), i have had a ton of luck with AMP, and there customer service. And if you think the AMP website is SH!t, try the bosch-connectors site....it makes the AMP site VERY user freindly.

RB

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
RBX said:
WTDS,
Thanks for the kind words. If you look at the above list i included boot part numbers as well, hopefully the ones you are looking for are there. If not, send me a few pix of the connector and what it does (connected too), i have had a ton of luck with AMP, and there customer service. And if you think the AMP website is SH!t, try the bosch-connectors site....it makes the AMP site VERY user freindly.

RB
Perhaps the Bosh connectors you need are available at say a BMW or Mercedes auto dealer. If you have no luck with Bosch directly.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ducpainter said:
Perhaps the Bosh connectors you need are available at say a BMW or Mercedes auto dealer. If you have no luck with Bosch directly.
That is a great suggestion, thanks.
The big ECU multipin connectors are what is really giving me heck. The FI connectors i found at some DIY auto-tuner site..they are $4-5 each.

RB

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
That will be the tough one. It is possible that one is proprietary and not available in the A/M. Good luck with it.

Have you tried a Ducati dealer for that one?

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Stew!
here is an update.
I have tried to contact Magneti Marelli, didn't realize they have offices and factory in the states. But.... the number for the US office says mailbox is full try again later. And the email address for headquarters in italy gets bounced back as undeliverable.
CINCH, is writted on the side of the ECU connectors so i have tried to contact there US office as well, but no reply yet.

i will keep you all posted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts