Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Heya fellas,

I don't have a Monster but I hope you won't hold that against me. :)
I have my eye on a M1000 but we'll have to see where the job and my fiscal situation takes me this season.

In the meantime, I hope to learn what I can from this board and maybe even contribute an opinion or two from time to time.

Cheers!

BTW, does anyone know of a M1000 review? I see plenty of Multistrada reviews but I have yet to see a M1000 review in any of the major motorags here in the US. I can get an idea of how the 1000DS engine works from the Multistrada and 1000SS but a full-on review would be nice, `ya know.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Motorcyle Online / motorcycle.com has a review of the M1000, but you have to subscribe to view the entire review....costs around $12 I believe.

To summarize, it is a very glowing review ;D

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
motorcycle.com is pretty cool. plus they have a pretty extensive archive and comparison test section where I got to read up on my duc and a few other bikes I find myself lusting after. I thought it was worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
FWIW: I owned a Buell XB9S for a while, and the comments regarding that bike in the motorcycle-usa.com article seem to be on target.

I've got a M800 on the way. HP/torque/weight wise it is closer to XB9S than the M1000. I'm looking forward to having a naked bike that is a little more stable and less finiky with the suspension settings.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Bike Magazine, a British mag, has reviewed it in comparison to a few other bikes. There was a discussion not long ago about that, you might search for it.
The gist of the article was that they got a sick engine in the testbike (dynoed 69 hp) and still it was the fastest around the course and, outside of that crap engine in that particular bike they had good things to say about it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Heya TEvo !

I have one for 20000kms done less than a year and it keeps getting better.
Engine is great.
The bike it self as S model has all the adjustable goodies.
Frame and so the handling is suberb.
Choose sticky tires.

Here in Italy the most problems are that the front tire keeps getting up and does not consume like the rear.

More Multistrada fans due to fun bike and great engine.

Go for it and pics please.

Skier

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
That makes me jealous in an I-still-love-my-monster-but-I-wish-I-could-have-that-too kind of way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts