Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Not a picture of me but of the bike :)
http://earwood11.home.comcast.net/bike/100_0995_crop.jpg

Got it last week and I have around 100 miles on it so far. The cross winds are really freaking me out but I'll get used to it in time, I suppose. Things are a lot different than when I used to ride dirt bikes as a kid!

So far I have to say I love the bike - no complaints. Well...it could use a slightly louder exhaust but I'm working on that...

Also, how long should it take to remove all the stuff from new tires? I'm kind of paranoid about my leaning.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
If you've been going around corners and leaning already, most of the tire should be okay. Just take your time getting to bigger lean angles.

I generally have my tires worked to within half an inch of the edge within about 30 miles. The first few miles I ride like I would on wet roads then slowly increase the lean angle.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Relax man. New tires still have a bit of mold release on them, used to make it easy to separate tire and mold. Hit some wet spots or anything else of the sort and your in for a bit of surprise. But they really do scrub off quickly as you ride the bike home. Otherwise, you'd see every dealer cleaning the tires of new bikes with simple green or something ... and they don't. Here in Texas it seems like it is always windy and I am use to the blustery days .... kinda fun once you relax. So relax man ... you'll do much better. Nice bike!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice one!! ;D

I'am still saving up for one ::)

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Am. bulldog?...nice lookin pup

the bike's nice too
Yep, American Bulldog. He's not fond of the new Monster - he gave it the ol' side-step stare the first day I brought it home. He doesn't like anything larger than him.

He was "fixed" so he is slightly smaller than his parents. Although I always think "fixed" is the wrong word - should be "broken" :) His parents were both between 110-120 lbs. He is a handful at times!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Nice Bike,
Just got the same on Tuesday and I absolutely love it, as I'm sure you do to.
Congrats

Rainman

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Why can't I pull up pics lately?! Is that new worm affecting pics or something? ???

I want to see this dog. My dog likes to use those little American pups as chew toys. ;) Great fun at the dog park! ;D

BTW..Talk to Pato Hombre about his new Sil High Mount exhaust on his 620 if you want some more noise! I want to get some Termis or 2 Brothers for mine.

Yeah..with over 100 miles on your bike, you're def. ready to take the turns quicker.

Good luck (get ready to shell out some bucks for all the maint. bills and mods! ;))

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
That dog wants to ride in the front of the bike, not the back. You better hide your keys. :D

Great bike and dog. You need a side car rig for the dog. He will defintley be your best friend than. ;D

Bike and dog: The perfect combo for picking up women. ;)

Tom.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Used to ride my Pug on the back of my old DR350. Could get all the women I wanted. Too bad I was married. *sigh* :'(

;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts