Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding with Rob yesterday. He has the Paul Smart and is usually at TOR on wed. nights. We were coming down Las Flores when he lost traction on the tight hairpin near the top and ended up in a low side slide. Luckily, he is okay. Surprisingly, his bike suffered very little damage. His pipes took the brunt of the fall. They had some minor scratches on them. He also broke his right side mirror, turn signal and front break lever. There was also a small scratch on the front fairing. We were able to make it to Stacked's pad to assess any other damages. Kudos to Stacked, who had a spare lever.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Glad to hear he's alright and damage was minimal.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Rob,

Hope you're OK. I rode for an hour this afternoon and the tires barely got warm.

Darn cold weather. :mad:

·
Registered
474 Posts
kinda sucks that another driver wasn't involved. Can't make a claim against yourself :police:

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
madmatt said:
kinda sucks that another driver wasn't involved. Can't make a claim against yourself :police:
Steve has all the luck.

Good to hear things aren't worse. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
stop the madness! :mad:

rob, glad you're ok.

down las flores is about my least favorite road up there.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I guess I should've left some of my mojo in L.A. [laugh]
Rob, heal.

-Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah it was cold and we were pushing our tires. Put chalk mark on the rear tire and were trying to wear it off on the road. Lost traction on the bottom of Los Flores. A lucky low side slide. The couple in the SUV that watched me slide out were pretty shook up. Rode to the Stacked House and grabbed a spare brake lever Pnut installed it and I rode home. All and all it was still a good day. Needless to say the chalk mark was pretty much gone when I got home. Thanks for all the kind words.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts