Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See ya. I'm outta here.

I've been a mod since back when all mods did on this board was help people out; it was a community where people cared about each other and treated one another with respect. We didn't have to enforce discipline.

Things became more challenging as the size grew. The mods who first threw in the towel today were all the ones who really stepped up to keep this chaos in check. There's no way I can (even if I were inclined) begin to fill the void left by those good folks and I don't want to pretend that I am.

I just want to say that those mods didn't quit because their's was a difficult job; they quit because VS wouldn't do dick to back them up or consider their experience or value their efforts. I can already see the earth opening up to swallow the good and valuable in this board. I'm not going to stay around and watch.

I hope to see some of you elsewhere on the net or in person (I'll certainly see my locals now and again) but I won't be popping in here much, especially once the new format comes on line.

Ciao.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
they quit because VS wouldn't do dick to back them up or consider their experience or value their efforts.

Now that sure sounds like a money gripe.

Was it a money gripe?

Were the mods asking for financial compensation ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
ducmon said:
Now that sure sounds like a money gripe.
Dude,

No offence but you're new here and that was uncalled for. The Mods here have always donated their time and efforts and have for the most part done a fantastic job IMO.

I know Crash as he is from my local area and he is a man of uncompromising character.

He will be missed.

Thanks for all your efforts Crash!!! [clap] [clap] [clap]

·
Registered
326 Posts
thank you for all of your efforts Crash!

I found it amazing that the moderators who do so much work to ensure the forum is/was a success were not financial re-embursed when it was sold.

I'd like to thank all the moderators for their efforts - I visit a fair few of the sections and they are all great.

If you're ever down this end of the earth drop me a line and I shout you a beer! (The official Australian sign of friendship!)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
WOW......... I leave the board for a couple of months and Crash and who all else have bowed out!
Oh, I see lots of new advertisements ....... guess the new owners who said they wouldn't change things up .......... lied/did

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I signed on today for the first time in a long time (03-08-2008 last visit) I recall all the good times reading the posts and the tail chop meetings that were planed, all the good times are gone, now lets all get off here and ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im new here and was just wondering why crash and other moderators are leaving? what happened?
and no offense to anone, but what do MODs do?

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
It is run by a clique who call themselves 'flounders' they heavily moderate and will ban any who disagree with their views. If you kiss their a**ss you'll be OK.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is run by a clique who call themselves 'flounders' they heavily moderate and will ban any who disagree with their views. If you kiss their a**ss you'll be OK.
Chupa I respect your seniorship, red a lot of your post and always liked your responses.

I'm a new rider, new to Ducati and like this forum a lot. But got into a lot of these «it was better before» threads.

Can you give us (me) a bit of history so we can all understand what happened ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Chupa I respect your seniorship, red a lot of your post and always liked your responses.

I'm a new rider, new to Ducati and like this forum a lot. But got into a lot of these «it was better before» threads.

Can you give us (me) a bit of history so we can all understand what happened ?

Thanks
This board was established and owned by a single individual who decided in May 2008 to sell it to Vertical Scope.

The sale infuriated the core members who claimed they should have been consulted on the sale even though they had no financial intrest in it.

The main objection seemed to be the increase in advertising that came with the VS ownership and that VS would charge to view without the ads. VS countered by making the side ad free for existing members for one year (tho I notice this is still in place).

The clique who actually ran the board feared that the independance they enjoyed to run this board would be removed, so they started up a new board that had the same look and feel and most importantly for them gave them total and absolute power over how the board was run.

All very noble, most people jumped ship (myself included) and for a while the board and it's content was identical to how this board was until VS took it over.

However as the saying goes absolute power corrupts absolutly. One or two of the "Flounders" moderate the board like privates who have sargents stipes pinned on their arms, one of them has over 19,000 posts since May 2008.

While the mission statement places the exchange of technical information at the forefront, the board has degenerated into a chat room with many "post whores" who contribute nothing. True they do have regulars who are technicaly savy but the number of technical questions is not much more than this board.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts