Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'll be working on a bike here in the next week or so and it got me thinking that it may be time to have another maintenance clinic [thumbsup]

Anyone got ideas of what they'd like to do?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I've been thinking about changing out my chain for aesthetic reasons, so I'd be interested in doing a chain swap perhaps. What special tools will I need?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
j_merancy said:
I've been thinking about changing out my chain for aesthetic reasons, so I'd be interested in doing a chain swap perhaps. What special tools will I need?
spanner wrench, sockets, chain tool, and a dremel if you don't care to keep the old chain (chain tool if you want to preserve the old chain), rearstand

I know a lot of you would like to put together a dyno day too, so I'll look into that (doubt any shops would really discount heavily or give us the dyno exclusively, but we'll see)

If anyone in these parts has someone they know that can give us a great package deal on a dyno day, that'd be great (read: CHEAP)...

for me personally, I'm not real interested in how much horsepower/torque I'm making, but I'm VERY interested in my air/fuel curve as well as the shape of my torque curve...

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I have everything except the spanner wrench, I could care less about the old chain so my Dremel will be seeing some action.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ducatibilt said:
I want to get a 14 tooth front sprocket installed. By the where's the best place to order 1 from?
By best I mean cheapest.
they're all around the same price, I bought the cheaper 'JT sprockets' brand from chris at cycleworks, that's where I'd recommend getting it

j_merancy said:
I have everything except the spanner wrench, I could care less about the old chain so my Dremel will be seeing some action.
I'd buy the spanner if you don't have one, you need it for chain adjustments anyways (screwdriver and hammer method not recommended at ALL)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
j_merancy said:
let me know what spanner wrench you pick up so I can purchase one as well.
haha, actually, i'm not currently planning on buying one (I don't have an SSS)...

that said, if you can get a full SBK OEM toolkit online for super cheap, that might be better than just buying an aftermarket one as the SBK ones come with a spanner and a lot of other good tools.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Some of the basic checks and changes related to a 6k service would be good since I'm just about there. Basically get everything done, so all Lunsford's has to do is check the valves and belts. I'd probably bring my tools/stands/replacement parts by prior to the day of so I don't have to impose too much.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'll be interested in attending, if not to to work on the bike then to meet some of the other Monster owners.

·
Registered
783 Posts
What date?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no date yet, can't do it this month, too much to do, but soon, what's everyone thinking

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
looking forward to it. Most any Sunday is good for me since I work on Saturday.

Hey by the way. Does anyone have rear blinkers for sale. The rubber stock on mine broke. If not someone on ebay is selling front blinkers off a 05 620/650 monster, will they fit my 2000 M750?

Steve

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
steve748 said:
looking forward to it. Most any Sunday is good for me since I work on Saturday.

Hey by the way. Does anyone have rear blinkers for sale. The rubber stock on mine broke. If not someone on ebay is selling front blinkers off a 05 620/650 monster, will they fit my 2000 M750?

Steve
I'm all out of extra OEM signals unfortunately (just sent the last pair I had to a DML member in cali to help bring her back from a crash)

there are more than enough OEM signals out there that someone would be willing to just give you outright for free I'm sure!

that said, yeah, the front signals from the 620 will work fine, they're a bit longer than rear signals, but that can be taken care of by removing the stalk and shortening the whole thing...

In fact, if you just broke the accordian type piece on yours, I have successfully used JB weld to repair that (with a bit of rubber electrical tape to hide the grey color... )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts