Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just put on a new small anodised cover as you can see from the photo, I have used the same O -ring but it has a small oil leak,I did find the same o-ring was a little bit sloppy but didnt think it would be a prob.
Has any-one got any ideas to stop the small leak? Im thinking maybe i should go to clark rubber and try get a thiker o-ring as the ducati one's are a bit small,,,,anyway have a look at the pic see what you think.
Bryce

Attachments

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
you may find that the o ring has fallen out of it's groove, try reinstalling it but this time use a healthy smear of grease to locate the o ring. unless it is damaged, the standard one should do the job.
cheers,
paul.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul the o-ring is in ok its just a bit sloppy,at first it leaked a bit of oil when i posted this ,i have just been out on a few little trips around the block and it seems to have settled a bit.I do think the oridganial one is a bit small for the after markek cover.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
oh, o.k, the groove in the new cover is a bit wider than the std cover? if you get a different o ring, make sure it's both oil and heat resistant or you will need to replace it again soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes its just a tab biger not much but,,,I had a few long rides thisafternoon and it seems to have stoped leaking,I'll carry the old one around with me foe a while untill i feel its all ok.
Thanks for your input.
Bryce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts