Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an Annitori quickshifter! This thing is awesome fully self contained and adjustable via Bluetooth with an app. First off the Monster 1200s should come with a quickshifter from the factory. Ducati are you listening! This is a great kit easy installation and there is nothing like putting the hammer down and shifting away is so much fun. Butter smooth up shifts! Only thing that would make it perfect would be auto blip down shifts but you can't have everything. http://www.annitoriqs.com/product_detail_1.php

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had a look at the Annitori set today at my dealership.
I think it will be a good mod for the R, I'll put it on the to do list!
Please update us when you have some more experience with it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't had any problems nor have I heard of any. I know it makes shifting while riding wheelies à lot easier! :grin:wink

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed an Annitori quickshifter! This thing is awesome fully self contained and adjustable via Bluetooth with an app. First off the Monster 1200s should come with a quickshifter from the factory. Ducati are you listening! This is a great kit easy installation and there is nothing like putting the hammer down and shifting away is so much fun. Butter smooth up shifts! Only thing that would make it perfect would be auto blip down shifts but you can't have everything. http://www.annitoriqs.com/product_detail_1.php
Hi Yank33,

Im considering to purchase this QS but whats holding me back is the installation to the coils.

How easy was the installation for you to the coils and running the wires? Was it easy? can you elaborate what is involved?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Yank33,

Im considering to purchase this QS but whats holding me back is the installation to the coils.

How easy was the installation for you to the coils and running the wires? Was it easy? can you elaborate what is involved?
It was a breeze installing the kit if you are mechanically inclined it's even easier. Annitori has great customer support too. Its all plug and play except for the power. The only problem I ran into is proper shift linkage length but I'm running GP shift pattern and aftermarket rearsets from www.geckoracing.com. Another great product for the monster. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have the Annitori QS on my 2016 1200 R. I am very pleased with the product, and it is working flawlessly (in both directions). Price is awesome, and it is a great value for the quality of parts. It makes riding the bike more enjoyable - if that's possible.

One important note, and I'm not sure if this pertains to just the "R" model or not, but Annitori is now shipping the kit to be installed on the fuel injectors, not the coils. This adds some complexity to installation, due to having to remove fuel tank, and air box lid. I probably could have installed the kit to the coils in a few hours since they are exposed, but with the injectors it took me a day and a half to install as I had to figure out how to get the tank off and remove airbox lid without damaging my new bike. It is definitely not for the faint of heart to see your bike half torn apart during the install. I have the QS powered directly to the battery and have had no issues with draining/dead starts.

Again, I highly recommend the kit for the R, but wanted to share this information just so you all would know what is to be expected!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have the Annitori QS on my 2016 1200 R. I am very pleased with the product, and it is working flawlessly (in both directions). Price is awesome, and it is a great value for the quality of parts. It makes riding the bike more enjoyable - if that's possible.

One important note, and I'm not sure if this pertains to just the "R" model or not, but Annitori is now shipping the kit to be installed on the fuel injectors, not the coils. This adds some complexity to installation, due to having to remove fuel tank, and air box lid. I probably could have installed the kit to the coils in a few hours since they are exposed, but with the injectors it took me a day and a half to install as I had to figure out how to get the tank off and remove airbox lid without damaging my new bike. It is definitely not for the faint of heart to see your bike half torn apart during the install. I have the QS powered directly to the battery and have had no issues with draining/dead starts.

Again, I highly recommend the kit for the R, but wanted to share this information just so you all would know what is to be expected!
That is interesting because I always thought it would be better to cut fuel instead of ignition. It does make for some great flames on full throttle upshifts though?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Bringing this thread back to live:
I'm in the process of installing the Annitori QS, also on the injectors.
But now I'm a bit curious to know what you did with the wiring.
Did you drill a hole in the airbox to pass the wire through? (I would rather not do this..)

·
Registered
695 Posts
@PeterS4
You will love this product once installed. I did not have the skill-set nor the patience to install it myself.
Had it done by my dealer. Like @MotorheadBen stated, it's not for the faint of heart as my tech took four hours + to install it. Labor is the big cost of this product. However, It was worth the dollars spent.

As an aside, removing the tank is a two-person job. I though I was going to have a coronary for fear of dropping it when I changed the air filter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
From the top of this thread Ducati Monster does have the QS but for 2017 +

Having the IRC QS installed to me the issue is the settings and dependent on where you live the support network..

The forums are normally a great place but for the Ducati folk TBH it is very small community and very small for the forum compared to the likes of what im used to from the Honda forums such as 600rr.net I feel it is mostly from the Duke folk get others to do the work then DIY learn and share the knowledge set.

So the IRC is for up and down, cant go down if your less than 3,000rpm.
* Note the QS is for more when your on the gas then puttering around city streets. it doesn't make your bike an "automatic" if this is your vision. I had it based on windy roads and more of hand on bars then fingers on clutch ready for an out of the blue accident/animal/car crossing and your ready to go down gears quickly.

The settings can throw you out of the bike and from nowhere if your settings are too low and rough roads as it gauges the touch on the gear shifter so generally have to edit settings for you to meet a minimum torque of pressure before it blips

Im still working out the settings hence I resorted to excel to recall what has gone up and down and would be the same for the Annitori.

The install is simple even for a learner of Ducati its just find the spark plugs and trace them back to find the coils and plug and play no splicing required. and how you can disconnect it also if it isn't working correctly.

Power connect to battery, that being removed is more complicated then the QS install as the positive power and screwdriver into that small space sucks.

So QS is a plus, just remember what you want it for and as DarR noted the install and tuning of it is where the money is. If like me your in an area where no one has it then support network is needed and do an Excel file so you can track what works when you play with settings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts