Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I'm cursed Yesterday at Newcombs some guy parked his bike headed downhill (foolish move) right next to my newly done up beast, and yes, he dropped his bike on mine! :mad: :mad: :mad: There was ton's of room all around and he just had to park his Yamaha VMax right next to my bike. Good news is he has insurance and it just missed the new paint job. Bad news for him is that he put a nice deep ripple dent in my titanium can, bent the bracket, and cracked the tail piece. The can is now about an inch lower that it was! The tail piece is painted a flat charcoal color and does not have any detail which is good but is still part of a custom paint job. My, my, my, what's next?? Luckily a bunch of guys were up by my bike and ran over to pull his bike off mine before it was knocked over! So off to the shop for another insurance quote. Thank the motorcycle gods it didn't get knocked all the way over. Ahhhh, and I held my temper too. Oh well another karmic lesson for me! Well it's off to Apex Predator Racing for an estimate. At least I can still ride while waiting for parts and stuff! Thanks for listening to my tale of woe. :'(

·
Registered
75 Posts
That sucks Linda. Were you parked on the left by the eating area or off to the right? I always like to park to the right because it gets a bit crowded by the eating area.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I was parked up by the trees at the northern end of the lot! Parked up there to get away from the maddening crowd due to being vertically challenged on the bike and not able to manuever it out of tight places from everyone arriving and parking up front. That's why I could not figure out why this guy parked right next to my bike when there was plenty of room to park elsewhere, not to mention that he could have parked facing up hill rather than downhill! Oh well, now it's off to fight with his insurance company!

Anyone ever had to submit a claim with Progressive Ins? That is the ins co this guy has for his bikes. Yep, that's plural, he has a Monster and ST4 in addition to the VMAX (according to his ins card).

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I know the rep for San Diego area and he is totally ok. An avid rider, too. Very reasonable unless the shop tries to pull a fast one.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sorry to hear you got set back again. :(
Like you said, at least you can still ride it..

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Geez Linda, that's terrible. I can't believe you didn't start pounding on the bozo. Lucky for him, the tank was spared.

btw, when do we get to see pics of your bike?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dang Linda, Sorry to hear that...what was that guy thinking?

I gotta admit, I know how he probably feels. It was really blowing Friday night up in the hills. I was in the garage when a gust blew threw and knocked the dirt bike off it's stand... which toppled into the Monster... which toppled over and headed for the floor. I watched in horror but luckily a big cardboard box caught the Monster from hitting the floor. Then the box slid and pushed over a shop light that crashed into my landlord's new BMW.

The whole domino experience would have been kinda funny... aside from the damage to two bikes AND a big dent in the drivers door of an 04 BMW. Thankfully the couple I share the house with are in Italy til August!

Sorry to hear about your bike...at least you don't have to share a garage with me!
George

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GEORGE! So sorry to hear about your domino affect debacle! Yep, feces occur, but at least you tried to find humor in all that happened! Lesson learned from you by me! I am humbled.....

Hope the damages are minimal and easy to get fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Someone said on this board at one time:

"The only reason some people are alive is it is illegal to kill them"

Seems reasonable in this case. You must be nearing sainthood not to have "lost it". After all that work too. :-[

Rideon

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone said on this board at one time:
"The only reason some people are alive is it is illegal to kill them"
Seems reasonable in this case. You must be nearing sainthood not to have "lost it". After all that work too. :-[
Rideon
LMAO! I have a t-shirt with that exact saying! Perhaps I'll wear it up the hill this weekend! Not nearing sainthood, just trying to keep the karma bank at least half full! To be perfectly honest I wanted to smash his face on his pipes, but maintained control. Bad result is everyone had to listen to me whine for a couple of hours to get the hostility out of my system!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts