Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got clocked at 99mph on the way home (oops) :police:
i was freezing my ass off so i was hauling ass to get home, and i guess i got popped.
i pulled over, turned off my engine and waited for further instruction.
guy was nice, ran my record, asked me a few questions...
and let me off!!!!!!! ;D
he could tell i was freezing and he said that he was glad i stopped. i guess a lot of the motorcycles try to run.

anyway, just had to tell of my great experience

anyone else?

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
that's pretty good fortune. hoozah! [thumbsup]

i haven't had any "good luck stories" as of late. last good one i had just involved me not paying as much for being a jackass. [laugh]

edit: oh, yes i do... awhile back i took a low-speed slide in the wet, in traffic, and managed to both not scuff up my new jacket, and only scuff a small bracket on the bike, which is mostly unnoticable. there ya go.

additional edit: nice profile picture. i'm watching that show, presently.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
MrFry said:
got clocked at 99mph on the way home (oops) :police:
Liar! the 620 doesn't go 99mph.

NOW if you had said 140mph, then it's another story.

Q

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Randall said:
p.s.

trooper cars (for crown vics at least), top out at 128mph.

so its not really getting popped at 140, its more of a "police helicopter involvement" thing...
helicopters travel significantly slower into the wind.

G

·
Randall said:
p.s.

trooper cars (for crown vics at least), top out at 128mph.

so its not really getting popped at 140, its more of a "police helicopter involvement" thing...
and your skull needs to impact an object at 15mph regardless if you are wearing a helmet or not for you to die...

but at least you'll be able to brag and be cool right?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I missed a hitting a deer by a split second yesterday at dusk. It looked like a small doe, less than 100lbs. She just got across the road when I came thru. I coulda stuck a foot out and kicked her in the ass. Unfortunatly all i could think of was Larry Grodsky, the Rider magazine editor killed earlier this year by a dear. It was a very very close call. My closest with a deer yet.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I had a van run a stop sign crossing my 70mph path about 2 yards out. I turned around and started to follow him, then I said to myself "f it, I'm having a better time riding, why stress it out....."?

·
Registered
175 Posts
i was cruising home last night going about 90ish and two motorbike cops pass me and one turns back at me as they pass and smiled ??? so if they were going faster, it was fine for me to follow them at their pace right? ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
xswimordiex said:
i was cruising home last night going about 90ish and two motorbike cops pass me and one turns back at me as they pass and smiled ??? so if they were going faster, it was fine for me to follow them at their pace right? ;D
Guess you'll find out when you get the ticket in the mail? :police: j/k they were probably impressed by your duc

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I ride a CBR1100 now, but two weeks ago had a lot of luck at Mount Mee in Brisvegas (Australia) when ona curvy section of road, two horses decided to cross right infornt of us...luckily we (a group of 6) escaped a crash...bloody horses (and farm/property owners). :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts