Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motostrano Rocks!

Thursday 1:30 pm, a email is sent via the address on their website.
Thursday 1:45 pm, a very friendly response is received.

15 min. response time [thumbsup]

I purchased a few items from them about 7 months ago, and Joe remembered who I was (nobody does that [thumbsup] [thumbsup])

Thursday 2:00pm, I place an order for left and right Napoleon mirrors (the cheap-ass Cycle Gear CRG replicas suck at 100 mph >:D. pop goes the mirror!)

Monday: 5:30 pm, UPS delivers my package.

I got my good service...
I got my products fast...

/self edit

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Re: And now...........something completely different. A happy vender story.

bobspapa said:
To the guy who bitched about his experience, and ****ed up the DML discount for Ti members....

>:D **** YOU! >:D
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

Who did that?

asshat

I had to wait a really long time for a part from Motostrano (7months)

but

that is because it didn't exist yet

They always got right back to me when I would inquire about it and were more than informative

I like them

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

Yeah. I've always had a really good experience with them. Got my stand from them as well as some gloves. They were top notch.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

If you get on their mailing list they toss out a discount once a month or so.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Well, given all the recent customer vs retailer threads this one is a welcome addition. [thumbsup]

I've also ordered some stuff from Motostrano and IMO their service is great. Turnaround on items is very fast. Communication was better than anticipated, and they were very good about contacting me the one time an item I ordered was backordered with the manufacturer.

So, thanks Joe
:)

G

·

I live close to Motostrano and have bought a good amount of stuff from them in the past and they have always remembered me and treated me good, even after the DML meltdown that went on.

I don't want to get into who did what and why/how the response went but I think they are a pretty decent shop among a mix of a lot of crappy vendors and a few great ones.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Dancing Chewy rocks too [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts

bobspapa said:
Motostrano Rocks!

Thursday 1:30 pm, a email is sent via the address on their website.
Thursday 1:45 pm, a very friendly response is received.

15 min. response time [thumbsup]

I purchased a few items from them about 7 months ago, and Joe remembered who I was (nobody does that [thumbsup] [thumbsup])

Thursday 2:00pm, I place an order for left and right Napoleon mirrors (the cheap-ass Cycle Gear CRG replicas suck at 100 mph >:D. pop goes the mirror!)

Monday: 5:30 pm, UPS delivers my package.

To the guy who bitched about his experience, and ****ed up the DML discount for Ti members....

>:D **** YOU! >:D

I got my good service...
I got my products fast...
I got my discount....
Woo Hoo! ! I like those guys too!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

what's a vender? [cheeky]

.....i've only used them once but they were a pleasure to deal with.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

gm2 said:
what's a vender? [cheeky]

.....i've only used them once but they were a pleasure to deal with.
oops....
note to self...... never post after drinking mexican Cristal beer ;D

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I never would have posted had BP not brought it up and had subsequent posters not addressed the very same issue. We never heard an apology from Joe. So, if people are going to toot his horn AND at the same time complain about that very same prior thread, then, by all means, let's review exactly what Joe said to all of us. I wouldn't have posted it out of the blue.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Have not ordered anything from Motostrano, but do occasionally receive their email advertising. I have checked on several items with them in the past and they were out of stock. Didn't think much about it at the time, with the exception of some minor irritation - no big deal.

I read the previous thread and didn't find the MS response terribly professional. Articulate, somewhat insulting, nicely crafted, but not very professional. I did like the reponse from the person who manages the restaurant.

I am tired of dealing with websites that won't post their inventory levels. I believe this is to get the buyer to order, and then hope they won't cancel when they are informed (if they are informed) that the item is not in stock, or it's on backorder, or some other excuse. It would be more appropriate (and I think more honest) to just say what the stocking level is. Some sites do this (Motowheels), but most do not.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Spidey said:
I never would have posted had BP not brought it up and had subsequent posters not addressed the very same issue. We never heard an apology from Joe. So, if people are going to toot his horn AND at the same time complain about that very same prior thread, then, by all means, let's review exactly what Joe said to all of us. I wouldn't have posted it out of the blue.
Well, it's pretty easy to think everyone on the DML hates a person given how mean a vocal few are.

One guy recently used the DML to libel my company. He got his panties in a wad because I shipped product in like 30 hours but didn't tell him. ::) If I wasn't up to my armpits in work, I would have been able to come to my own defense, but it got locked and I'm left defamed with lies standing against me. I thank the vocal few who stand up for good things. With the ease that "customers" can trash talk on forums coupled with how the DML members love witch hunts, I can really see how a retailer would say screw it.

Spidey's reply is an excellent example. Even the mods are biased against vendors. And I'm SO GLAD that I suck at connecting names. I'll remember a person's name. I'll remember their face. I'll remember their screen name. But I can't connect ANY of them together!! So, I'm blissfully unaware of meanies I see on the internet. :-*

It would be nice if there were more posts like Bobspapa and the great people who piled on the positiveness in the thread against my company and reputation. THEIR posts helped CCW not go the way of Motostrano. Seriously. After feeling the love, I was like "cool, I like the DML." But when a disgruntled customer's point of view is based on lies and everyone piles on the hatred, it sucks awful hard.

Every quarter, I analyze cost vs benefit of advertising. CCW pays the DML for a banner ad. CCW also offers DML discounts (which I consider advertising). Typically, all the effort and expense put in to the DML hovers between "even" and "barely positive" return on investment. Given the profitability of advertising, I can completely understand why a company would reduce their headache and time investment by focussing on other things.

Always butting in with a point of view from the other side of the counter,
Chris
;D

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm glad you posted that Chris...... It's nice to see whats on the other side of the fence.

[thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Bp and Chris, sittin in a tree, m- o- d- d- i- n- g

[laugh]

I find your info in the very positive section of the DML [thumbsup]

NOW GET BACK TO WORK ON THE BIG BORE PISTONS :mad: [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chris can kick Chuck Norris' ass..... I'm just say'n good things so he won't kick mine ;D

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
chris said:
Spidey's reply is an excellent example. Even the mods are biased against vendors. And I'm SO GLAD that I suck at connecting names. I'll remember a person's name. I'll remember their face. I'll remember their screen name. But I can't connect ANY of them together!! So, I'm blissfully unaware of meanies I see on the internet. :-*
Chris, I'll PM ya my name so you know who I am. ;) So you know, you've saved me on at least one occasion. Without the rush part you ordered even before I'd paid (awesome customer service!), I would have wasted $500 on lost track days and would have missed a weekend riding trip) [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Weird how the moderators get accused of defending the vendors and at the same time accused of being biased against them. Whatever. The moderators don't deal with the vendors. The DML administration (Jeff and Michel) do. If they wants to shut me up and tell me not to voice an opinion, they can. It wouldn't be the first time. ;D

That out of the way, speaking for me personally (not as a moderator) I am biased against Motostrano. That bias comes from my own experiences with them (which I have largely kept quiet about because I saw no need to bash them online), but primarily because of Joe's response in that thread. That's my right as a consumer. Joe has said that he doesn't want the business from the parts of the DML that he finds unpleasant. I'm happy to oblige. But I don't have to continue to be silent about it in order to tiptoe around his tender feelings. He certainly didn't obey any such strictures in his response.

As for vendors, I hope that everyone gives all their business to you and Martin and Dave R and Chris C and Alfred, among others. You guys have demonstrated over and over again that you deserve it. [thumbsup] So, yeah, in that way, I guess I'm biased.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts