Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

American Supercamp

3K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  mmoore 
#1 ·
Has anyone gone? Who wants to go with me?

I'm REALLY thinking about doing this, in fact ill probably book next week. looks like a lot of fun and they can teach some skills that will help at the track, or street.

thinking bout signing up for the racer version on the 25/26..who's with me?

$600 with your BARF discount link

http://www.americansupercamp.com/index.shtml

February 24-25 Non- Racer Full 2 on Wait list
Attending:
GiorgioFurioso

February 25 - 26 Racer Full 0 on wait list

Attending:
DanTheMan
DATV

Tentative:
Jammen
Spidey

February 27/28 Combined (i'm guessing part racer, part non racer) 13 spots open
Attending:
Michael Moore and MM Jr.

See less See more
#3 ·
I believe both Grio and Fillmore have taken the american supercamp & both recommend it. I want to take it, but having just been laid off I'm in conservative spending mode.

You're welcome to stay at my place if you don't want to drive back & forth from SJ. I think they hold the school at the fairgrounds which is about 5-10 minutes from my place.

#7 ·
It means if i go, you';d better not "casey-stoner-crashes-into-gibernau-rebreaking-his-collarbone" me

#8 ·
if i sign up, it won't be in the racer group, so while i like to be with you DTM, that's not going to happen unless you step down :-*

#9 ·
I went a year or two ago when Grio was there. I had a blast and highly reccommend it. In fact, most likely I will sign up for it on the racers date, so Dan if you are indeed going. let me know.

Everyone else in this forum should go as well. (I need some dirt riding buddies)

A

#12 ·
GrendelsTwin said:
I believe both Grio and Fillmore have taken the american supercamp & both recommend it. I want to take it, but having just been laid off I'm in conservative spending mode.

You're welcome to stay at my place if you don't want to drive back & forth from SJ. I think they hold the school at the fairgrounds which is about 5-10 minutes from my place.
Sucks to hear about being laid off, but thank for the offer i might have to take you up on that.

#13 ·
datv said:
I went a year or two ago when Grio was there. I had a blast and highly reccommend it. In fact, most likely I will sign up for it on the racers date, so Dan if you are indeed going. let me know.

Everyone else in this forum should go as well. (I need some dirt riding buddies)

A
will do, hey you do a lot of dirt riding? thinking about getting a dirtbike for practice during the offseason.

#16 ·
DanTheMan said:
will do, hey you do a lot of dirt riding? thinking about getting a dirtbike for practice during the offseason.
No, not really. I boutght a dirtbike and aspire to go on a regular basis, but I don't know too many people that ride dirt. I took Tigre once, and he highsided... go figure

Yes, you should definitely get a dirtbike for practicing in the offseason, and we will ride often!

#17 ·
I've been thinking a lot about doing dirt biking, but buying a new engine kinda put a damper on that. [laugh] I'm too lazy to click on the link...yes, I know, that's rrrrreally lazy, but I'm assuming it's OK (or possibly even req'd.) that you bring your own bike. I'll see what the Christmas bonus yields and schedule track (and possibly dirt) days accordingly. $600 buys quite a bit of pavement time... :-\

#22 ·
Just as far as future expenditures go, and the reason I bought a dirtbike...

A day out in the dirt - Hollister/Metcalf/Argyle/Carnegie, etc... costs $5 to get a truck in the park. Yes, you read that correctly $5, as opposed to the $300+ for trackday fees, tires, etc. Only $5 to ride all day long without sessions in a park that includes TT tracks, Motocross tracks, and miles upon miles of trail riding.

Also, dirt bikes don't really break when you drop them, and generally you don't break when you fall off of one (there are exceptions).

It also happens to be one of the best activities for training to race/trackdays. In the off season, all the top AFM guys hang out at Sandhill and duke it out with knobby tires.

Just an FYI

#23 ·
Since it seems like more than just DanTheMan is interested in this, I'm opening the invitation to any DML members attending.

I've got plenty of room, including 2 couches (1 with full size pull out bed), Queen size inflatable bed and plenty of floor space. The garage can probably house another 5 or 6 bikes, and cars can park safely on the street.

#26 ·
$600 and the end of Feburary? Think I'm in, just have to do a bit more creative budgeting (ah sweet, sweet ramman noodles). Everyone doing the racer group or we got a mixed bag going?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.