Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone? Who wants to go with me?

I'm REALLY thinking about doing this, in fact ill probably book next week. looks like a lot of fun and they can teach some skills that will help at the track, or street.

thinking bout signing up for the racer version on the 25/26..who's with me?

$600 with your BARF discount link

http://www.americansupercamp.com/index.shtml

February 24-25 Non- Racer Full 2 on Wait list
Attending:
GiorgioFurioso

February 25 - 26 Racer Full 0 on wait list

Attending:
DanTheMan
DATV

Tentative:
Jammen
Spidey

February 27/28 Combined (i'm guessing part racer, part non racer) 13 spots open
Attending:
Michael Moore and MM Jr.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That would be something fun.. I'm interested but I'll be back in school then and won't be able to go. But next time...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I believe both Grio and Fillmore have taken the american supercamp & both recommend it. I want to take it, but having just been laid off I'm in conservative spending mode.

You're welcome to stay at my place if you don't want to drive back & forth from SJ. I think they hold the school at the fairgrounds which is about 5-10 minutes from my place.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been many times. Danny & crew ROCK! Get in shape... especially if you're doing Racer group. You have no idea how hard it is to ride an XR100 around a little circle.

Enjoy!

George

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
It means if i go, you';d better not "casey-stoner-crashes-into-gibernau-rebreaking-his-collarbone" me

·
Registered
769 Posts
if i sign up, it won't be in the racer group, so while i like to be with you DTM, that's not going to happen unless you step down :-*

·
Registered
423 Posts
I went a year or two ago when Grio was there. I had a blast and highly reccommend it. In fact, most likely I will sign up for it on the racers date, so Dan if you are indeed going. let me know.

Everyone else in this forum should go as well. (I need some dirt riding buddies)

A

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yup...It's a great camp!
Went home with a very fat knee. Wear knee braces - that said, I'm planning to go again sometime.
I don't want to be in the girl group this time :-\

·
Registered
769 Posts
Grio said:
I don't want to be in the girl group this time :-\
what's the scoop there?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GrendelsTwin said:
I believe both Grio and Fillmore have taken the american supercamp & both recommend it. I want to take it, but having just been laid off I'm in conservative spending mode.

You're welcome to stay at my place if you don't want to drive back & forth from SJ. I think they hold the school at the fairgrounds which is about 5-10 minutes from my place.
Sucks to hear about being laid off, but thank for the offer i might have to take you up on that.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
datv said:
I went a year or two ago when Grio was there. I had a blast and highly reccommend it. In fact, most likely I will sign up for it on the racers date, so Dan if you are indeed going. let me know.

Everyone else in this forum should go as well. (I need some dirt riding buddies)

A
will do, hey you do a lot of dirt riding? thinking about getting a dirtbike for practice during the offseason.

·
Registered
423 Posts
DanTheMan said:
will do, hey you do a lot of dirt riding? thinking about getting a dirtbike for practice during the offseason.
No, not really. I boutght a dirtbike and aspire to go on a regular basis, but I don't know too many people that ride dirt. I took Tigre once, and he highsided... go figure

Yes, you should definitely get a dirtbike for practicing in the offseason, and we will ride often!

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I've been thinking a lot about doing dirt biking, but buying a new engine kinda put a damper on that. [laugh] I'm too lazy to click on the link...yes, I know, that's rrrrreally lazy, but I'm assuming it's OK (or possibly even req'd.) that you bring your own bike. I'll see what the Christmas bonus yields and schedule track (and possibly dirt) days accordingly. $600 buys quite a bit of pavement time... :-\

·
Registered
423 Posts
They supply everything - bike and gear included. C'mon, good dirty fun to be had!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
like the man said, everything is included, Bike crf100, gear, except helmet, lunch and two days of classes. From the looks of it their small calsses.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
hmmmm....I'll look into this a little more. $600 for two days plus gear and food is starting to add up quite nicely. And it's close. [thumbsup] Do they ride rain or shine? Cuz I think it would be pretty fun to go in the wet. 8)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts