Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the time Friday night to dial in my preload. Man, I had to screw that thing down pretty far before I began feeling a difference. I thought I was going to have to run down to the hardware store to buy a pipe for more leverage on the spanner, but I worked it out okay. Man oh man, was it worth the effort. I'm faster in the turns on this bike than I ever was on my previous 2 sportbikes, but the bike handles even better now. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] It doesn't wallow around so much and is much better matched to the front end. Best free mod ever.

It's funny, though. The next morning I came to a stoplight with some uneven pavement. I had to quickly regain my footing when I stopped because the bike didn't squat down as much as I was used to. I was up on my toes when i was used to flat footin' it. Happened again today. No biggie though. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

BTW, we should have a "most preload" award. The top of my locknut is about 1/2 way through the threads.

·
Registered
975 Posts
A couple of questions:
How much do you weigh?
Is this the stock fork on your 695?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What did you use to determine how much prelode you wanted to dial in? What tool(s) did you use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts